Answer
Chelena13
Accepted Solution
Eyes!!! need help!

I have black hair, brown eyes &olive/pale skin... and i really would like to make them apear bigger and stand out more. Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
lylysa
Answered

A real quick trick, use a nude or off white liner on the inner rims of your eyes to make them appear larger and more open. Either shade will tone out the natural red there and help the whites of eyes look brighter.

Often I prefer using nude as it looks a bit more natural, I like using white for going-out looks or if I'm doing a dark, smokey eye and really want that pop of contrast against black shadow.

Some options include Stila's Kajal Pencil, which is my fave, it's super pigmented, creamy, smooth and easy to apply and long wearing, especially for the inner rim of the eyes (currently out of stock online, but call your local store and see if its there, or even check Stila's webpage, or Ulta, I think they might still carry it):

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=864934&productId=P114407&_requestid=174153#!k...

Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener:

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Yeyo (metallic white, so it's not as stark as solid white, has a shimmery effect):

http://www.sephora.com/24-7-glide-on-eye-pencil-P133707

Just do a search on here for "nude eye pencil" and it'll bring up other brands with pencils to offer for a quick, brightening, and enhancing fix.

Answers: 6
corrin99
Answered

I agree with the first post, especially the nude liner.  You should use a shimmery nude shadow all over your lid to brighten the area, use a shimmery cream color in the inner corner of your eye and around your tear duct in a > shape and under your brow.  You can shape your eyes with a medium nude in your crease on the outer half.  Use a black or deep colored liner on top lashes only, thicker toward the outer corner.  Curl your lashes at the base and pump it a few times as close to your lid as you can get.  They layer on two or three layers of black mascara top and bottom. 

swanklady
Answered

Agree with the ladies below! Line your inner eyelids with brightener and be sure to tap a bit of something sheen on your inner eye near your tear ducts. If you want to wear dark eyeliner only line from the outer half to before the beginning of your iris. those are some old tricks that stage makeup artists use so you can see the dancer's eyes even from the back row. Adding a bit of a cat eye on the top lid will help your eyes appear widder as well! Don't forget to curl those lashes up or a final touch.

annonymous1
Answered

i Also agree with Lylysa, white liner is amazing to make your eyes look bigger, you can also use white or silver shadow around the front corners of your eyes like close to your nose, that always works for me and it makes them look more intense

aviscardi
Answered
(0) Hearts

Definitely nude.  Some like white but I find it too harsh in the waterline and not so natural looking.  My favorite one is stila topaz kajal.  It lasts a long time.   

Mufe makes a pinky champagne one.  Tarte emphasize.   There's also Rimmel nude from The drugstore. 

Marlimakeup
Answered
(0) Hearts

Using this application Technique will definitely open-up your eyes and make them appear bigger :smileyhappy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBigSo9IQ7c

mmeeee
Answered
(0) Hearts

Put some eyeliner around your eyes. Don't want to look fake so just a little.

First, I put some in the corner of my eye, opposite side of my tear duct, on the bottom. Start in the middle and work your way out. VERY thin and then get a little thicker towards the end.

On the top you want a line that is a little thinner than the thickest line on the bottom. Putting too much eyeliner on the top will ruin the look.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • mmeeee
    • lylysa
    • Chelena13
    • swanklady
    • Marlimakeup