Answer
hollyyberryy
Eye primer?

Does eye primer actually work? If so, what is the best brand to use?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 10
vivalabrianna14
Answered
(0) Hearts

Eye primer does work and it works very well!  It is quick and easy to use, and all you have to do is swipe some underneath each eye, add foundation or pressed powder on top of it, and then you're good to go!  I reccomend Smashbox primer, and the great thing is that you can use it all over your face!

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Eyeshadow primer will make all the difference in the world in how your eyeshadow looks and stays on.  The other posts gave good suggestions on brands.  My very favorite is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and my second favorite is Too Face Shadow Insurance.  I think you already have the links to those in another post so I won't be redundant.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

vanityprincess
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love urban decays primer potion, it works amazingly well.:smileywink:

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes! Eye primer definitely works; it provides a smooth base for your eyeshadow and it can really lock in the color! My two favorites are NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261211&categoryId=B70) and Too Faced Shadow Insurance (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P202625&categoryId=B70). Both dry clear and are excellent at making color last all day.

: )

gorgeoushunn96
Answered
(0) Hearts

Heyy.  Yes, when I first got into makeup I always wondered how eye primer could really work.  but oh my goodness... It really does work soo much!   What it does basically is ; it gives you a smooth surface to work with, and eyeshadow will stay on longer because of the ingrediends in it. Also, It brigntens up your eyes a bit, to give them a young beautiful look.  If you wear alot of shadow without eye primer , it will look and feel cakey, and dry and it wont last.  I would def try an eye primer out!  I personally like urban decay's primer potion.. but ask around, everyone is different and has different things that work for them.. its a personal thing, its not a one size fits all thing here.  Hope you have luck!!! :smileyhappy:

mermadelove
Answered
(0) Hearts

It works wonders!!!!

My favorite by far are the Urban Decay potions. The Original is a great all purpose. The Eden is great for oily lids and/or to mattify more shimmery eyeshadows, if that's what you want to do. Sin (champagne shimmer) and Greed (gold shimmer)  are great on their own as cream shadows, and they also work well to enhance the pow in your favorite shimmers, glitters and duochromes.

If you have dry lids or would prefer a more liquidy primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance is good. I don't think it has the same staying power as the UD potions, though. At least not for me as I have oily lids.

Hope that Helps!

finxoxo
Answered
(0) Hearts
Primary do work and make a difference :smileyhappy: im using M.A.C's paint pot in painterly. It works well as far as bringing out the color but even with just a little bit I still get some creasing. I hear urban decays primar potion works really good so I can't wait to try that. Hope this helps a little :smileyhappy:
golightly120
Answered
(0) Hearts

I used to wonder the same thing until I finally broke down and tried some! I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance! That little tube lasts forever!!!!! It doesn't compete with your shadow colors at all and just helps them look more "true". It does a great job of keeping shadow where it belongs!! :smileyhappy:

melalah
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes it does! Most of them will make your shadow more vibrant in color and/or prevent creasing. I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance but you might have to try a few to find the one that works the best for you. TFSI and Urban Decay Primer Potion are definitely the most popular. Lorac and NARS make great ones as well.

romy86
Answered
(0) Hearts

kind of but you dont actually need an eye primer, all you need is a thick white cream stick and blend it very well so it doesn't crease. This will make your eyeshadow pop and usually works much better than any eye primer. try nyx cream stick

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • melalah
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • vanityprincess
    • golightly120
    • denizzz
    • mermadelove
    • vivalabrianna14