Answer
heirobaby
Blue eyeliner for brown eyes?

Hey everybody!

I hear alot about how blue supposedly makes brown eyes pop, so I'm looking a blue eyeliner. Should I go with a dark/midnight/navy blue, a bright electric blue, or light blue for the best "eye popping" effect?

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
beckylmnop
Answered

I actually decided to wear blue eyeliner today :smileyhappy: and it really does make them pop. My favorite is Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Electric. You just want to make sure you don't go overboard with it because putting too much just looks silly in my opinion. I use it on my lower lash line or upper lash line, never both at the same time.. maybe it's just me but it looks weird like that.. too much like i said. Electric was actually the first colored eyeliner I used once I decided to stray away from just the cliche black. Purple is also a great one (UD Ransom). Have fun playing with colors :smileyhappy:!

sportygirly
Answered

I use Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on pencil in Binge or Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 3L and put navy blue eyeshadow over it

projeffrey
Answered
(0) Hearts

Heirobaby,

Another great liner range that I love is Tarina Tarantino Eyedream Hyperliners! They are smooth, relatively inexpensive, and wear like a dream!

For a blue option Try Cute Robot! It's a go-to Navy for me!

TARINA TARANTINO - Eye Dream Hyperliner

One more suggestion since you are feeling adventurous! Charlotte Ronson Beauty launched an Eyeliner Set in which you get 8 FULL SIZED EYELINERS to play with and a sharpener for only $49! There is a slate blue in the set that I am going GA GA over! You HAVE to check it out!

Charlotte Ronson - All Eye Want Eye Liner Set

AMAZE!

Hope this inspires you!

Jeffrey

deeanababy
Answered
(0) Hearts
waterbaby1981
Answered
(0) Hearts

My favorite blue liners are UD 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils in Electric, Flipside, or Deviant.  Deviant is a gorgeous, gorgeous blue that's not too bright but not too dark either, which really makes my brown eyes pop.  Another color I like is Clinique's Cream Eye Shaper in Cobalt.

melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Heirobaby,

I think it all depends on your comfort level! I personally find that wearing navy blue is flattering both on top and underneath the eye. Since its the summer time, using an aqua colored liner is fun! It looks great when you pair it with a coral eyeshadow:smileyhappy:

Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Urban Decay - 24/7 Waterproof  Liquid Eyeliner

Make Up Forever Aqua Liner

6 Iridescent Navy Blue - dark navy blue sheen (this one is a bit brighter and has a sheen to it, while the Make Up Forever one is darker and is matte).

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Aqua Liner

5 Diamond Turquoise Blue - sparkling turquoise blue

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Aqua Liner

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Electric - bright iridescent teal

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

<3 Melissa
lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love Electric from Urban Decay for something bright, bold, and funky! It pairs up great with a really soft, shimmery nude eye.

For something darker, I also have UD's liquid liner in their deeper teal shade, it lasts so long and wears really well. I like to line my top lash line with black or dark brown and bring the black liner to my bottom/lower last line, but then lightly add a thin line of the liquid liner to the bottom. The black helps to fill in the gaps between my lashes and adds extra definition to the blue. The thin brush makes it a dream tow ork with!

For something a bit more dramatic, I like Studio Gear's Invincible potted gel liners, their blue is beautiful! It really makes the whites of my eyes pop and I love lining my top lash line real thick with it, winging it out, and making it a cat eye, only to follow with a hing of black liner right under for added definition. This one is more of a royal navy shade.

brookithewooki
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes, blue eyeliner totally makes brown eyes pop! I like to use Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue Saint-Honore. It is a definite blue but is not bright and shocking and has a light metallic finish. If blue eyeliner doesn't work, than blue eyeshadow or mascara works too. I am pretty sure Nars and Stila have pretty good blue eyeshadow pots out that will do a very good job at making your eyes pop. TokiDoki also has a really subtle blue mascara, too, if that helps. :smileyhappy:

JetVee
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would think the electric blue would make the most 'pop'.

Best of luck!

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • heirobaby
    • waterbaby1981
    • brookithewooki
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • beckylmnop
    • sportygirly