Answer
dearmallika
Best mascara for thin lashes?
(0) Hearts

I have thin lashes that are fairly long. I have been using Lancome Virtuose that I got as a gift from a friend, and I absolutely love it, especially its dry formula. However, I'm looking for something with a little more volume. What can you recommend? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
projill
Answered

Try Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara or Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara.  Both are great formulas that will volumize your lashes.

You should also try the Dior Maximizer Primer to add volume to your lashes before applying mascara.

Cheers,

Jill

dreamysmile
Answered

Since you have thin lashes,  you want a mascara that's very thick. If you want to stick with Lancome, I recommend ÔSCILLATION INTENSITY. It vibrates to give you volume and length, which is another plus side Here it is:

Lancome ÔSCILLATION INTENSITY - Vibrating Intensifying Powermascara, $34

Hope it helped!

-dreamysmile :smileyhappy:

melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi Dearmallika,

Those are all great recommendations!

I think you should also try the d.j.v. beautenizer Volume Lash, it gives you tons of volume and does not feel dry. I like the texture is smooth and you can layer it and it will not clump.

d.j.v. beautenizer Volume Lash

A second choice for a effective volumizing mascara is the Fresh Super Nova Mascara. It also has protective linden extract to strengthen lashes.

Supernova Mascara

If you are not already using a lash primer you should! It really helps to help any mascara go on smoother and also hydrates lashes.

DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer

DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer

<3 Melissa
gigi221
Answered

I think any power booster mascara would be good! You could also try fake lashes if you would like a fuller feel!

if you want an illusion of thicker lashes this is what you should do: use liquid eyeliner in any brush form(u should get it in black if your eyelashes are dark or your mascara is black) and then you should put it exactly on your lashline so if you close your eye when you are done you pretty much won't see the eyeliner. then u finish with mascara, eyeshadow and whatever else you need!

(this will still make you look like your wearing makeup but it won't be to overpowering and it won't ruin your thin lashes)

lilballerinia
Answered

I have to say I love the Bare Minerals Flawless definition mascara in both regular and the volumizing. I would also recommend the bare minerals buxom as well.I thave also tried Dior show and hated it even though many people loved it. It made my lashes dry and clumpy yuck. But one thing you have to rememeber is mascara works differently on each person and for me I find out I need big fat dense mascara brushes rather then spaced out ones like in too faced lash injection.

waterbaby1981
Answered
(0) Hearts

I personally would recommend Buxom Amplified Lash mascara since it does volume and length (no clumping) while making it look like you're wearing false lashes!  It's even better if you pair it with a primer.  Another one I like for curl and volume is Clinique High Impact Curling mascara (waterproof, comes off with bath temperature water) or Buxom's regular mascara for definition and volume.

foreverashley15
Answered
(0) Hearts

Benefit's BAD Gal gives your lashes a lot of volume and is not clumpy! This product is great!

nanobear18
Answered
(0) Hearts

I actually love the wet n wild megaplump mascara. It makes me look like I have liner on, so all you have to do of defined eyes is add this mascara, the liner the lower lashline with brown gel liner. It's a natural look, so you can play up your lips.

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • nanobear18
    • projill
    • melissabt
    • dreamysmile
    • gigi221
    • lilballerinia
    • foreverashley15