Answer
swinnie239
Best eyeliner for tight lining
(0) Hearts

I have tried a number of the more popular pencil eyeliners and all of them have seriously smudged on my lower lash line and even further in some cases. I have oily eyelids, but have not had trouble with eyeliners on my lashline doing the same, but I also tend to use liquid there. I am afraid to do that same on my tight line, but I also need to tight line because I have really short eyelashes and they need all the help that they can get. I also live in the south, so heat and humidity is an issue.

I have tried MUFE Aqua liner, Urban Decay 24/7, Tarte EmphasEYES, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil and Stila Smudge Sticks. All of these have smudged like crazy and this is starting to drive me crazy too. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
onomotopoeia9
Answered

Whenever I get a new long-last eyeliner, I test it out by drawing a small line on my hand and seeing how long it lasts as I wash my hands, take a shower, using purell, etc.

I just got the stila stay all day liquid eyeliner and it passed the test - It stayed on more than double the amount of its runner up, urban decay 24/7

Try it!!!

Its my new fave. besides for its staying power, it is so easy to apply, and looks amazing.

dannyc
Answered

@onomotopoeia9 I do the same thing! Especially in store when I'm looking to buy a new one. 

The Stila liquid liner is amazing.

I also like  the Too Faced 3 way lash lining tool & Buxom gel liner.

beautylovingirl
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's  liner have amazing staying power. You may want to look at them, and also this question was just asked recently here is the link to the same question you have and some more anwsers.

:http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Best-Eyeliner-for-the-Water-Line/m-p/471197#M2362

connieconcon
Answered
(0) Hearts

I can't get pencil or creams to stay on me.  The best luck I've had with tight lining is to use a darker powder instead of a pencil or cream.  Bare Minerals has a wide range of liner shadows that work, I just don't know if they carry them at Sephora anymore.  They definitely have these colors at boutiques and online.

On my eyes, it doesn't even need to be a true black.  I have successfully used Black Emerald, Bon Bon, Marina, Coffee Bean, and several purples that I can't recall off the top of my head.  I use a soft liner brush and press the color into the lash line.  It goes on evenly since there's no wax to get stuck in between my lashes, and it lasts all day.

Just to show you Black Emerald...here you go (looks like a dark green on my screen).swfupload_1079898738121872066.jpg

stara72000
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Swinnie239, I have thought the same thing and from what I have heard and experienced the tightline is always going to fade during the day. It's just one of those things where you have to reapply through the day. If i come across anything that has longer lasting staying power I will let you know. Hope you find something.

mommyto4
Answered
(0) Hearts

s1323203-main-Lhero.jpg

Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner works great.  I also like the Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining Tool.

s1442193-main-Lhero.jpg

maltipoo66
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with the Stila Stay All Day 24/7 liquid liner suggestion.  It's a little tricky to tightline with at first, but it is literally the only thing that hasn't smudged on me at all, it's completely bullet-proof.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • dannyc
    • maltipoo66
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • mommyto4
    • swinnie239
    • stara72000