Answer
cecilyy
Best eyeliner for the waterline/tightlining?
[ Edited ]

Hi! :smileyhappy: I need some recommendations on any budge-proof liners for the waterline. I have already tried the overly well-known Urban Decay 24/7 in zero and it has smudged about 1cm below my eyes...I haven't tried putting gel/liquid liner on my waterline as my eyes are sensitive and water easily.

I heard stila's smudge stick was great and also the MUFE liners. Has anyone tried them both or better and could offer a comparison? It's difficult to tell which is better when there are many of fans of each product saying that theirs is best. :\

And for those people who's eyeliner stays put on the waterline, any tips? :smileyvery-happy: For tightlining, it always seems like the eyeliner would transfer to the bottom waterline? Not sure if it's the result of bad technique or product or both. And for the lower waterline, it travels downwards as time passes. 

I think this has a lot to do with eye shape also. Some of my friends have no problems at all when using the same product. Perhaps, it's because my eyes get extra squinty when I'm laughing and the liner moves around. :smileysad: I've been sticking to the upper lashline lining for now which I use gel liners for. I like a clean and precise line but I hate that it turns into a mess. I also don't do touch-ups frequently so...any help?

EDIT: So I have gotten the stila smudegestick and the bareminerals round the clock pencil liners. I have done a hand test comparing between the two and UD 24/7 and UD definitely smudges more. I have only wore the bareminerals on my bottom waterline thus far and I am definitely repurchasing! I have combination of watery eyes(contacts made my eyes more sensitive) and oily lids so I would reccommend this to others as well! I'm  sure stila's would pass the test as it did on my hand. Thanks for the feedback ladies! :smileyvery-happy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
jxw200
Answered
[ Edited ]
I found that I liked mufe better than ud but in the whole scope of things they were pretty similar. I liked too faced perfect eyes, Bobbi brown long wear pencil, and smashbox limitless. Tarina Tarantino is also good but I haven't tight lined with that.

But do you have oily lids or watery eyes (allergies, etc?) that could be the real problem. I know when I have allergies or my lids are oily the tightlining doesn't work as well. And it may be technique too, I'm not sure - I haven't been doing it for more than a year. Anyways, primer really helps with the longevity on top of a long wearing formula. Nars smudge proof is my favorite - its quite amazing!

Also I don't touch up at all (too lazy and or busy) so the nars primer really helps the lesser formulas stay on all day
Question Stats
  • 15 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • elea33
    • jxw200
    • akocs
    • aviscardi
    • cecilyy
    • miliESQ
    • clarks18