Answer
princessbrenna
Accepted Solution
Best eye primer for oily eyes?

I have oily lids (specifically in the inner corners) and am in need of a great primer. I'm currently using Urban Decay Original Primer Potion, but am wondering if either Too Faced Shadow Insurance or NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base will work better. I would like to know which one you guys prefer and why.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
melissabt
Answered

Hi Princessbrenna,

I could not agree more, my favorite eye primer is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. I like it because it's very matte, the shade makes all eyeshadows appear more vibrant and it makes my eye shadow last all day. I'm not a huge fan of sheer primers or ones without color. A good base really makes a big difference in how your eye shadows go on!

<3 Melissa
Answers: 7
dianabt
Answered

Hello princessbrenna, 

I would recommend you try the Lancome Aquatique waterproof shadow primer

AQUATIQUE - Waterproof Eyecolour Base

Or the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

Photo Finish Lid Primer

I have used and love both for their super long wearing and waterproof finishes. The Lancome can be applied with your fingertips or a brush, and the Smashbox is slightly more liquid in texture and works great with your fingertips or a brush too.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
karen2050
Answered

I have the oiliest eyelids ever, nothing used to make my eyeshadow last. I love two faced shadow insurance. and it makes your eyeshadow vibrant.

dynomite
Answered

Hello

I have also search all over and all brands for a eye primer for my oily eyelids and have tried numerous primers but so far the only one that has worked and kept my eyeshadow put Stila Prime Pot.  The Stila Prime Pot has kept my eyeshadow on for almost 8 hours.  

For me, this product is a miracle since I have tried almost all primers out there UDPP, Nars, Too Faced, Smashbox, Make up Forever, Benefit Stay Don't Stray.  Within 3 hours these primers have failed and creased the shadow.  These primers maybe great for everyone else but specifically Oily Lids- these primers have failed me.

The Stila Prime Pot is tinted, a fast drying and it is a bit challenging to work since it is tinted and might not be your color, you will have to cover this with your shadows or apply where you notice your crease area, but once you play around with it and get the right amount you will be pleased that your shadow stays on.   I watched some youtube videos on how to apply the product and I have been happy with the Stila Prime Pot.  

I also got a sample of the Tarte Clean Slate 360 Eye Primer my shadow maybe lasted about 5 hours.   The Tarte Clean Slate primer dries sheer is creamy and glides on to the eye lid.  I do like that this primer since it dries sheer and if I just wanted to wear shadow on my lid and not do the entire eye area.

But for my oily lids hands down it is the Stila Prime Pot in Caramel for my med tan skin. 

Best of luck

chewcifer
Answered

i believe my eyelids are the oiliest! the one i always go to is urban decay original primer potion, for on the eyelids and below the eyes. i'm very pale and when you apply it it disappears into your skin, so it's not too dark or oily feeling. plus, it makes your eyeshadow and liner pop!

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would suggest either trying UD PP in Eden, which is their matte, nude toned primer or the Smashbox one as suggested. The Smashbo one feels a bit thinner to me, the UD PP in Eden to me gives more of a quicker, mattifying feel. 

The Too Faced one works well, but the formula is very emollient (it contains vitamin E to condition lids) so it may feel oily on your lids at first. If you do try the TF one, use just a tiny bit so you're not overdoinging it.

makeupobesessed
Answered
(0) Hearts

like Urban Decay Primer potion, or Too Faced shadow insurance.  Theyve both worked very well for me.

Brie514
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have oily lids and have the horrible habit of squinting when I'm tired. The combination of these two blessings generally make me look like I've been out partying all night by 4pm.

I  like the Urban Decay anti-aging because it helps with the fine lines which tend to turn into magnets for sliding makeup. I also found that using waterproof eyeliner quickly after applying  the primer seems to make a big difference when it comes to ending up with your eyeliner under your eyes by the end of the day.

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • dynomite
    • lylysa
    • makeupobesessed
    • princessbrenna
    • karen2050