Answer
cloey72
Best Mascara for False Look

I have tried Maybelline Falsies, One by One, Covergirl Lash Blast Length plus Volume and Volume, but I know there is something better. I go for the long volumized jet black false lashes look. What is the best mascara for that, possibly BadGal Lash or They're Real? Help!!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

My all-time favorite mascara for huge, dramatic lashes is Too Faced Lash Injection. Not everyone I know who has tried it loves it as much as I do, but for some reason, it *really* works with my eyelashes. Other mascaras look decent, but this one makes them look very long and very full (my lashes are neither, naturally) -- it's a tubing mascara, so it coats the lashes in tiny tubes -- which makes them look thicker.

The only other mascara I have tried that even comes close is YSL Faux Cils -- this one makes them look miles long, but not *as* full as Lash Injection (almost, though!).

I used Bad Gal for years -- and while I really like it, it does not leave me with the false eyelash effect -- neither does "They're Real." Both are fabulous mascaras -- "They're Real" especially -- I just think it works better on those who already have thick lashes, but could use definition.

: )

artemisgem
Answered
[ Edited ]

For long, dramatic, jet-black lashes that create a false look, the best and most effective mascara I've ever tried (and I've tried all the ones you and others have mentioned) is Fairydrops "Scandal Queen Mascara." (Sephora Product Page) This mascara adds incredible length and volume and is water and sweat resistant. This do-it-all mascara is blended with fiber to give you lush, doll-like lashes. The unique brush catches even the tiniest lashes, defines, lengthens, and provides all-day curl. It's especially designed to make tiny lashes look huge, so I think it will definitely give you the false lash look you want.

fairydrops.jpg    I hope this helps you! :smileyhappy:

tenngal
Answered

Personally, I like the new mascara with the expandable brush by Buxom called Buxom’s Amplified Lash Mascara.  It features a special brush that changes with the turn of a dial so you can really amp up the power and get that false-lash look from it.  The fully extended position can be used to majorly volumize lashes; or twist it down to the ultra compact position to precisely comb through your lashes for incredible length, separation and definition.  This mascara is paraben- and sulfate-free.  Research results show that when fully extended, the brush volumizes lashes up to 600%.  When in its compact position, the bristles squeeze closer together so they comb through and grab each and every lash for maximum length, separation and definition.  You can find this mascara here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286723&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

brookie673
Answered

DEFINITELY Buxom Buxom Lash. It has a monster brush that delivers monster volume and length, as well as a super black color. A couple coats and it definitely looks like falsies.

This will give you the false lash effect without a problem. I also don't have many problems with clumping. It's one of my favorites! Try it out!

Sephora Product Page: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P228204

Hope I helped! Heart if I did!! :smileyvery-happy:

xoxcharlottexox
Answered

I definitely think Buxom Lash is great but what's even better is Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara. I love the brush - there's nothing like it!

You can define and lengthen lashes, then add volume without changing mascaras or mascara wands. It gives a false-lash effect, too, because it adds lenght AND volume while defining. I suggest either!!

Other great mascaras:

DiorShow Mascara - Thickens, Lengthens, and Curls.

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara - It's pretty good, but I don't think it lives up to ALL the hype. It can get pretty clumpy.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! - Lenghtens, Volumizes, Curls, AND Conditions lashes. The Waterproof version is great and SO waterproof, too.

Hope this helped!!

xoxo, Charlotte

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • artemisgem
    • brookie673
    • cloey72