corinaave

what is the best tinted moisturizer for dry and flaky skin?

(0) Hearts

hi, I have super dry, patchy and flaky skin. I have not been able to find any foundation or tinted moisturizer that fits my skin type. i recently bought the Josie Maran Matchmaker Foundation and I love that its my exact same color its smooth and light. After about 30 mins my dry skin starts showing and there is dry patched and flaky skin.....I do use the clinique dramatically moisturizer and a primer before I apply the foundation and it still doesn't make a difference. i just want a light/medium coverage tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone and look as natural as possible. Can anyone help me?

neko333

Re: what is the best tinted moisturizer for dry and flaky skin?

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Revlon Photo Ready BB? I know it's drugstore but it seemed pretty moisturizing to me last winter. My next recommendation would be Holika Holika (because I love it). the purple one is for moisture and it has gotten really good reviews. These are both pretty cheap and worth a try. 

upload_413182814828506247.jpgupload_6091487086935455024.jpg

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I have very very very dry flakey skin and rosacea and have tried about everything out there. For me, the best brands I have used is Laura Mercier and the Bobbi Brown Extra line. I tried tart and Jose Moran and they broke my face out.

dazzlingcrystal

(0) Hearts

I have extremely dry and patchy skin too. Personally I love Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer since it does not cling on dry patches too much, but sadly the color range doesn't really work for me any more: ( I got lighter than the lightest shade

I find a good facial oil will really help with the dry areas. I just buy organic rosehip oil, or you can even use olive oil, it really really help with the dry patches and everything.

Camilllle

(0) Hearts

I personally use the laura mercier tinted moisturizer and under my eyes use the phytoorganics .. I think that's what its called, on top to help with the dry patches. But I am definitely going to look into cera ve or something around that nature. But I loveeeee the laura mercier tinted moisturizer.

NikkiShops

(0) Hearts

I have the same type of skin; dry, patchy, flakey, and red too.  :smileysad:  I agree with cefrd13 on the Dr. Jart BB cream.  I did try 3 different Dr. Jart's though and found that the Black Label Detox was the most moisturizing while also having the best coverage for my skin.  The Sephora associates will gladly make you samples so you can try them all before buying.  :smileyhappy:

Do you exfoliate?  That also helps with the flakiness.  I use Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (not carried by Sephora) and it helps a lot with shedding those dry layers.  I try not to overdo it though because I've heard over exfoliating isn't good either.  My face feels so clean and refreshed afterwards.

corinaave

(0) Hearts

yea I went today and got a couple of samples. i do exfoliate with Ole Walnut scrub.... i usually exfoliate once a week. 

cefrd13

(0) Hearts

Hi! I also have this problem. I recently started using Dr. Jarts BB cream and it goes on flawlessly does not accentuate dry patches and has really great coverage, without being heavy. I too, tried the Josie Maran tinted moisturizer but i felt it was too thick, almost like a sunscreen consistency so it wasn't for me. Also, I recently invested in a clarisonic Mia 2, and my dry patches are gone! I know its alot of money, but I highly recommend it.

corinaave

(0) Hearts

Thank you i will look into Dr. Jarts BB cream :smileyhappy:

amynadinexo

I know this has nothing to do with a tinted moisturizer but maybe I can shed some light on your situation.I suffered from severe dry patchy flaky skin for years!!!. I noticed whatever i would put on my skin wouldn't really soak in or wasn't really moisturizing because my skin was soooo dry it just wouldn't soak in anything. Whatever i used to try to gain some moisture would just sit on my skin, or wouldn't last long, I'd be dry and flaking within a few hours. I started washing my face with Josie Maran Argan Cleanser and my skin was already feeling relief! then I'll spray a mineral water, like Evian on my face and I would let it dry..the minerals in the water not only intensifies what you put on after it, it really helps your skin soak it in. After that I'll use Tartes Maracuja oil. I am a slave to the maracuja oil. I swear by it. Anyone who says it doesn't work for them just needs to learn how to use it. and wallah. Ever since I found that routine, I have not had a single dry patch, or flake! and now some days I can even skip moisturizing. If you do use the maracuja oil just make sure it dries before applying make up! I went years looking for makeup to hide my skin problems till I finally decided its time to find products that fix them. 

corinaave

(0) Hearts

I have been wanting to try that Argan Cleanser. thanks I will be trying that out along with the mineral water....

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

So does the Evian water spray on Sephora really work to help your skin? I'm interested in buying it now

amynadinexo

(0) Hearts

yess! it does. people use it just for a refreshment but they don't realize how much your skin benefits from it. I live in an area with hard water so my skin feels tight and dry after i shower, i spray this and it feels completely different. in the description it even says removes chlorine from the skin! my mom has very bad acne and dark circles, she sprays it on her face before applying lemon for her dark circles and its been helping tremendously! its giving the lemon an extra boost. it's really refreshing, calming and hydrating. People have found all different things that it helps them with. i bought the large bottle and  it lasted me a longgg time! some times i would even spray it on my hair for extra hydration and my hair loved it. if i sprayed enough and combed it in my hair would dry completely different than normally and it would be less puffy and frizzy. gotta love it!

sephoralovex

Ok thanks. I think I'll have to make an order on Sephora today! I've been having extra dry skin lately.. so maybe this will help along with my josie maran argon oil :smileyhappy:

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Hi!  I also have very dry skin, and Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer was a problem for me-it didn't hydrate my skin at all, and it caused my skin to look flaky when I applied my tinted moisturizer.  I would recommend trying out Cera Ve's pm moisturizer (you can get it at any drugstore-the only difference between am and pm is spf).  It hydrates really well and gets rid of flakes.  For a tinted moisturizer, try Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer:

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-surge-tinted-moisturizer-spf-15-P284201?skuId=1322510

michmo

(0) Hearts

I've heard good things about the newly reformulated Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer.  It is supposed to work well for dry skin.  

Josie Maran - Argan Tinted Moisturizer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • neko333
    • cefrd13
    • amynadinexo