luvcharm

too many moisturizers; what to do?

i just got obsessed with sephora and started buying so many things.  i can't help it; they have too many things i like!  i recently got josie maran argan oil and found that it helped my dry eyes a lot, so i can't stop using it.  then there's clinique moisture surge which i recently bought as well.  i absolutely love the way it feels on my skin.  i also have the lancome genefique repair cream-haven't tried it yet but have tried the serum.  and i also have some lancome primordiale left that i still need to finish. 

what should i keep???  i can't use everything of course lol  i kinda want to ditch lancome genefique because to me it only seems like it's temporary (only works when you apply it on; not long term-lasting).  i'm not sure if i should use all those chemicals on my face.  maybe i shoud just stick with being natural (i'm in my mid 20s).

antoine0000

Re: too many moisturizers; what to do?

(0) Hearts

Dear LuvCharm :

Yes , you've overspent and are getting into a habit of compulsive buying, if you keep it up you['ll soon be bankrupt !

So, return what is returnable... and try to stay natural , using a decently priced moisturizer with your routine that you can afford.  Don't even look at things beyond your price range. 

Best of luck to you ,

ANTOINE

ran8

Which ones are catching thick layers of dust?  Throw those out. If it has been sitting for over a year, pitch it. 

Anything purchased within the first 30 days but were not a fan of?  Return it.

Josie Maran Argan Oil:  Keep it.  It is being frequently used. 

Clinique:  If you like it and the results are desirable, keep it. 

Keep the stuff you actually use on a daily/weekly basis. 

If it causes irritation, breakouts, reactions, etc; get rid of it. 

Uncertain after a month or two:  Might as well pitch it. 

If you have some unopened things you're not sure of but feel terrible about throwing away, see if a friend or relative might be interested.  Donate. 

Questioning formulas and certain chemical ingredients?  Do your research and make a decision from there. 

And next time, sample.  It is one of the perks of visiting a Sephora.  The plastic containers are easy to recycle once the product inside has been used up. 

cherrybombtastic

Just stick with natural and use Josie Maran's Argan oil. I use Garden of Wisdom's Argan oil mainly because it's cheaper, but either way, if a product works for you, there's no reason for you to go using something else UNLESS you want something better or you want something else about your skin to improve. On the other hand, if you want to keep a product that you bought, you can always use that product during the day time and the Argan oil during the night or in the case of the Lancome product, layer it with the Argan oil at night time. And don't forget Argan oil could also be used on your hair so you don't have to use it on your face all the time. I hope this helps and good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ran8
    • luvcharm
    • antoine0000