rebby114

mattifying lotion for dry skin

Does anyone have a moisturizer recommendation for someone with dry skin but a shiny face? in other words a mattifying but hydrating face lotion

bratknits

Re: mattifying lotion for dry skin

(0) Hearts

I use Benefit's The POREfessional over my moisturizer, keeps me matte all day.  I've used it over regular and tinted ones for no/minimum makeup days.  Just give your moisturizer a minute or two to soak in before you put it on or it doesn't go on evenly.

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

The Body Shop has product(s) called Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream and also a Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15. If interested, you can find product ingredients and reviews there.

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

Cover FX Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment. You don't have to have acne for this to help your skin. I love this stuff. It feels like silk on your skin. Goes on smooth and absorbs quickly.

MGJM

(0) Hearts

You can try the Korres Pomegranate moisturizer.  It's a gel cream consistency that helps to balance your skin.   I wouldn't say it mattifies, but it definitely helps to control oil production.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hmmmm, no....most moisturizer control shiny face by absorbing or minimizing oiliness. If your face is dry and shiny, then it just might be your skin is really smooth and well exfoliated. Your best bet would be a mattifying primer, because there are mattifying primers that hydrates, and I'm assuming you care more about this issue for day use anyways. I recommend try Benefit Porefessional, which mattifies but didn't dry my cheeks out like Hourglass Mineral veil did. That's all I know. If you want to know more about primers, I did a comparison here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Primer-comparison-What-s-your-favorite/td-p/684695

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • bratknits
    • PoesRevy
    • lecia1167
    • MGJM
    • rebby114