Smileformesara

dry skin/foundation

I am in desperate need of a super moisturizing foundation in the light to medium coverage range that doesn't excentuate flakes and doesn't oxidize.....I was in love with the josie maran color match one but unfortunately about 1-2 hours in I get these yellow/orange toned patches where my skin is its dryest so I tried out a few primers and changed my moisturizer but no luck.....any recomendations?

DTalksAll

Re: dry skin/foundation

(0) Hearts

I second the Amore Pacific CC Cushion Compact! It's really hydrating & I can get medium-full coverage in some spots & light-medium on others without it looking caked on. The only gripe I have with it is it can be a little time consuming to apply since you're patting it on with the puff. However, if you're used to buffing your foundation then it's really not much different. 

magrat22

(0) Hearts

Found a video on it and it look like it might be a good match for my skin tone..which is crazy as it look so dark in the pictures.

http://youtu.be/jRji58gtZI8?t=4m37s

magrat22

[ Edited ]

I picked this up and it's currently being shipped.  Can't wait to try it as it's hard with dry skin to find something that works.  So with regards to putting it on when you say you pat it on with the puff are you rubbing your skin a lot?  I've stopped using brushes on my face as the great Wayne Goss (internet makeup guru) mentioned it was not good for dry skin.  The best way was to pat the makeup on which is why I thought the AP CC might be a good fit.  

DTalksAll

I don't rub it in, but pat it on. So I press the puff into the compact & then press it on my face. Just like she does is in the video :smileywink: No rubbing! 

Emeraldlight

(0) Hearts

I would suggest that you try Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact.  It is very hydrating and has light to medium coverage. It also has a SPF of 50+ in it.

It is very soothing when applied to the skin. 

kimchikween

If you don't need too much coverage, Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Beauty Balm is amazingly moisturizing and gives a healthy, slightly dewey look.  I actually use it as an undereye concealer sometimes.  There is a sampling available you may want to try out before buying a full size.

tashalicious

during the winter when my skin becomes dry i love to wear Nars Sheer Glow foundation, makes my skin look like satin, i love it. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Hmm, if you need something super moisturizing with light/med coverage, I would actually recommend a BB or CC cream. They have hydrating skincare ingredients like moisturizer, some priming properties and light/med coverage. I heard good things about Dr. Jart and Tarte.

http://www.sephora.com/bb-cc-cream-skincare?pageSize=-1#!pageSize=-1&&categoryName=bb-cc-cream-skinc...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ChicDabbler
    • tashalicious
    • kimchikween
    • Emeraldlight
    • Smileformesara