JenBlush

What is your night/day time skincare routine?

I would just like to know what everyone does and maybe adapt some of those ideas into my routine as well!

Im really simple and at night

- I exfoliate face with Korress Wild Rose

- Exfoliate lips with LUSH lip scrub

- put the Korress wild rose sleeping facial

- and some EOS lipbalm

And for the day i just wear

- Korress wild rose 24 hr moisturuzer

However, I feel like I'm missing some things to do! what do you do?

mafan

Re: What is your night/day time skincare routine?

(0) Hearts

Morning:

Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Clarins Vital Light serum

Eye cream (usually Clinique's All About Eyes)
Philosophy's Hope in a Jar and/or Dr Jart Premium BB cream (This depends on how my skin is looking any given day and how dry it feels.  It really varies with the weather and too much moisturizing makes it feel sticky every day but someday I go without anything other than moisturizer)

I need to be better about adding sun screen on days I don't have the BB cream on, even if I'm not outside

Night:

Remove eye makeup (if I was wearing any) with makeup remover -- right now Sephora's waterproof, but I'm thinking I'll use Clinique's or Lancome's next, and I have decent trial sizes of both

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.  2-3 days a week I've started using Ulta's cleansing brush with this

Eye Cream -- Clinique's All About Eye's Rich or Origin's Plantscription (the VIB sample, which I like a lot)

Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough (I got it as part of a set; it's too sticky to use in the morning but okay at night)

Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Night  (When it gets more humid I may have to go with something not so heavy; we'll see)

Sometimes I switch to the Body Shop's vitamin E collection, and then I use the toner after the cleanser.  Should I be using a toner all the time?

I have to wash in the morning. Some of the night things can feel sticky and I don't like applying moisturizer without washing first.  And unfortunately I'm at that night sweats time of life where I just want to scrub everything when I get up.

ManaSmith86

Right now it's Caudalie's Gentle Cleanser, Toner, and Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet and I'm testing samples of their perfecting day fluid with spf 15 in it.

Then at night I use all the same things minus the perfecting day fluid and I add in Caudalie's Cleansing Water to take off my makeup and Dermadoctor's ain't misbehavin for my cystic acne. then twice a week caudalie's purifying mask.

Before this Routine I was using the Murad Range of products but I didn't love it so I started this one.

ManaSmith86

(0) Hearts

I forgot to mention I have normal skin with hormonal cystic acne

violalea

(0) Hearts

How do you like the Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehaving? I have hormonal cystic ance on my chin too.

SweetFirefly

(0) Hearts

In the morning I wash my face with a bar of Cetaphil and put on some Aveeno SPF 50, at night I was my face with the same soap and use Neutrogena naturals night cream :smileyindifferent:

KamKamLove

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Day: 

Wash with Vanicream Bar Soap

Apply moisturizer (this always depends on how I feel my face is doing.  Sometimes I apply Cetaphils' Dermacontrol Oil Control, but recently I have been applying Aveeno's Ezcema Therapy.  My skin just loves it!  Vanicream Lite Lotion is also a great one!)

Apply Makeup

Night:

Remove makeup with fragrance free baby wipes or wet paper towel (if it's a wash out of the shower, I use Olive Oil)

Wash with Head & Shoulders Shampoo (heard about this on The Doctors!) It helps get rid up hair bumps and helps with cystic acne

Sometimes I rub Oilve Oil on my face to help with dryness after use of H&S

Apply Aveeno's Ezcema Therapy

I exfoliate my skin once to twice a week with sugar or sea salt as my scrub

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Last week I posted my post-winter routine. http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/What-s-your-post-Winter-skin-routine/td-p/487019
I'm trying to ween myself off of retinol for Summer, but my skin is not happy about it :smileysad:

Are you using SPF during the day? 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Morning:

Cleanse with Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleanser (90% of the time)

Cleanse with Murad Cleanser (10% of the time)

- shower-

Shiseido Benefiance Enriched Balancer

Shiseido WrinkleResist Eye Contour Cream

Shiseido Benefiance Day Emulsion

Shisiedo Benefiance Lip Treatment

Night:

Makeup remover wipes (Josie Maran/Boots)

Cleanse with Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleanser

Shiseido Benefiance Enriched Balancer

2-3 times a week: Shiseido Benefiance Firming Massage Mask

2ish times a week: Lush fresh face mask

2-3 times a week: Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub

Whatever serum I'm trying (still trying to find the right one)

Shiseido WrinkleResist Eye Contour Cream

Shiseido Benefiance Night Cream

Shisiedo Benefiance Lip Treatment

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Combo skin--

Day: Renee Rouleau's Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel, RR's Elderberry Toner, RR's Daily Protection SPF, Korres Quercetin & Oak Eye Cream, Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

Night: RR's Aloe Cleansing Milk, Elderberry Toner, and Sheer Moisture followed by Korres Eye Cream, Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm.

On Wednesday and Sunday nights, I use Murad's Pomegranate Mask after cleansing, skip the toner, and then continue on with moisturizer.

Note: I'm running low on a lot of my Renee Rouleau products (best ever!), so I'll be phasing in Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel for daytime moisture and Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Night.  I'll also go over to Clinique's #3 Toner as I run out of the Elderberry.  (sigh)

DaisieWilde

[ Edited ]

I love simple routines!  When I frequented another skin care forum, I ended up with a routine miles long (we are talking 10 to 12 products in the morning and another dozen at night...way too much). 

AM

-No cleansing with a cleanser (I just washed my face the night before, I don't feel the need, but I will use my Clarisonic in the shower sans cleanser in the morning...I never use a cleanser with my Clarisonic)

-Argan oil over entire face

-Devita sunscreen (fantastic for oily skin like mine)

-TheSimpleSiren vanilla chai lip balm scrub (100% natural, real sugar scrub in a lip balm tube...I LOVE these balms!)

-TheSimpleSiren lip balm (I go between Rosemary Lemonade and Green Tea Matcha balms right now, but have a few new ones on the way!)

PM

-REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing balm, remove with warm wash cloth

-Argan oil in dry areas and around eyes

-Chardonnay grape seed oil (helps with excess oil, believe it or not)

DONE!

I have finally balanced my oil factory of a face with this, it took me years to figure out a routine that resulted in not having to use acne products (I break out at the drop of a hat, at least I used to when I was stripping my face).  I use a basic spot treatment if I have to, but I haven't had to because my face is happy, happy, happy with this...for now!

I found that if my routine is too complicated, like I was trying to make it because I thought I needed a serum for this, a toner for that, a cream for these, etc., I wouldn't follow through.  I don't think you need a ton of products.  I think the most important is sunscreen!!!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Day:  wash face, eye cream- currently using shesheido 

acne medication spot treatment, murad spot lightener, then moisturizer with SPF, and primer.

night: wash with fader itch wash from dermatologist and Clarisonic, eye cream, acne spot treatment, murad spot lightener, and algenist night cream.

this routine changes as I use up different products or find something new or of my face is having a huge breakout or is clear at the moment...but I never not wash or use Clarisonic.  

Although I will say I have my lazy nighttime moments and use a makeup wipe to remove makeup, and my face pays for it with more acne.  

Silvrwind

(0) Hearts

Day: 

Cleanse with Laneige Pore Minimizing Facial Wash and facial brush

Tone with Murad C-toner

Moisturize with Isa Knox White/Brightening Emulsion

Night:

Remove makeup with wipes or remover if I use makeup

Cleanse with Laneige Pore Facial Wash and facial brush

Tone with Murad c-toner

(My Beauty Diary mask 1-2x a week, Laneige water-based sleep mask every other day *not on days with MBD mask*)

(If I use sleeping mask, I don't do anything else, but if i use MBD Diary mask, I'll follow up with emulsion)

Pore cleaning serum on trouble areas when needed

*I also like using a clay mask occasionally to shrink pores/draw oil* 

I find that my skin is generally clear, but I have really stubborn blackheads that just won't fade. My occasional acne/pimples also last forever and is super blemish-prone. So I try to use Asian-based skincare because it is more fit for my genetics. Although, the general layout is the same and Asian-based skincare lines are very gentle on the skin. 

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Day:

-Wash with Omorovicza Foaming Cleanser using the Sephora silicone exfoliating pad

-Tone with Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

-Moisturize with Marula Oil

Night:

-Wash with SK-II Oil Cleansing Treatment

-Tone with omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

-Moisturize with Maracuja oil, run some over my scalp as well

-Maracuja oil based eye cream

-Lock moisture for the night with Fresh Lotus Preserve

I'm trying to keep it simple and it seems to be working, wish I could use the lotus stuff twice a day, but I look overly dewy if I do during this time of year. :smileytongue:

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

On your scalp to moisturize it? Doesn't your hair get oily?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Day:

- wash/wipe face with damp towel.

- moisturizer with SPF

- lip balm with SPF

Night:
- (Make up remover if I wore make up, oil cleanser if I plan to use a harsh treatment.)
- (mask, peel or scrubs 2x a week.)
- cleanser
- toner
- serum
- eye cream
- moisturizer
- lip balm

That's that. The reason why I didn't state any product is that I'm a skincare junkie and almost never use the samething twice (right now I have 20+ moisturizers). I put comparable products together and switch for warm/cold weathers etc. =X

JenBlush

wow! I get stuck to one if i really like a product, and possibly will continue to buy the same one.. until they discontinue it.. or until i get tired of it! And since I live in Florida, weather, luckily, really doesnt make a difference!!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I have products I like, but very few I love (ex. my favorite cleansers are PTR anti-aging, Clarins Gentle foaming, Origins Checks and Balances, and Boscia purifying. Whichever one I use depends on what promo/kits is going on. Otherwise really no preference).

katie1724

AM:

- Cleanse with Anthony Logistics Glycolic Cleanser (love this; it's so gentle) and sometimes Clarisonic

- Apply SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum

- Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluide Extrème SPF 50/PPD 38

- I don't always use moisturizer -- but if I do, it's the Fresh version below

PM:

- Cleanse with Clarisonic + Anthony Logistics Glycolic cleanser

- Retin-A Micro

- Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

- Fresh Youth Preserve Cream all over + neck

:smileyhappy:

JenBlush

Do you use your clarasonic everyday? or just morning sometime, or night, or both?

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I do use it every day, yes, but right now I use it only at night. I had been using it twice a day, but I've scaled back (for no real reason -- I wasn't having any issues, but I realized my skin was just as fine in the morning with cleanser). :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler