From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Dry Skin

Dry Skin

• 55132 Members
  • 3182 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Facing winter woes, a skin type transition, or looking to revamp your routine? This is the perfect place to discuss all things moisturizing.

Facing winter woes, a skin type transition, or looking to revamp your routine? This is the perfect place to discuss all things moisturizing.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Dry Skin
Best face oil - dry skin
|
Re: Best face oil - dry skin
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: @5norman The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL ...read more
@5norman The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL
Recent images from this conversation
New Reply in Dry Skin
Exfoliate for dry skin
|
Re: Exfoliate for dry skin
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I've got dry sensitive rosacea prone skin and have used the milk exfoliating toner from Kiel's it's not drying or the dermalogica ...read more
I've got dry sensitive rosacea prone skin and have used the milk exfoliating toner from Kiel's it's not drying or the dermalogica scrub. That's a little tingly but excellent
New Reply in Dry Skin
Concealer help!
|
Re: Concealer help!
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @melaniealex The Born this way concealer is one of those ones where people either love it or hate it. If this is the only conceale ...read more
@melaniealex The Born this way concealer is one of those ones where people either love it or hate it. If this is the only concealer that you’ve had this problem with then there’s a chance that this one just doesn’t work for you. If you apply the concealer straight to your face, you could try putting some on the back of your hand first so you can control how much product is going under your eyes. Also make sure you got the correct shade/undertone because i know for me, concealers that made my eyes look dark just meant it was too warm toned for me (i have a slight neutral pinky undertone).It also could be how you’re blending, make sure you’re taking time to blend it out and focusing on the edges. If you use only a brush to blend, go in afterwards with a beauty blender and if you only use a beauty blender try using a brush as well. If that doesn’t work, i like Natasha Denona Hy-Glam Brightening & Hydrating Medium to Full Coverage Crease Proof Serum Concealer (apparently sephora doesn’t carry this anymore, you can get it on Ulta’s site though) and HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Hydrating + De-puffing Concealer with Fermented Arnica 04 Fair Neutral
New Post in Dry Skin
It cosmetics
It cosmetics #CCnudeglowfoundation and the #byebyedarkspotconcealer is a mix made in heaven on my combination/mainly dry skin. I ...read more
It cosmetics #CCnudeglowfoundation and the #byebyedarkspotconcealer is a mix made in heaven on my combination/mainly dry skin. It’s lightweight, but moisturizing, and hides my pores. I’m in Florida and it stands the test of heat and sun! Love it!
  • 898C6101-1187-4EE4-A749-E75B4EE49211.jpeg
  • 898C6101-1187-4EE4-A749-E75B4EE49211.jpeg
New Reply in Dry Skin
Tips for dry skin!!
|
Re: Tips for dry skin!!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: I see alot of great tips and advice here already, @Skylar240 Checking to see if your products you are using are dry skin friendly ...read more
I see alot of great tips and advice here already, @Skylar240 Checking to see if your products you are using are dry skin friendly is an idea, and trying things like:Wash with warm not hot waterKeep hydrated 🥛💧Pat your skin dry, don't rub with a towel. Apply your moisturizers while your skin is still damp.At night after washing and moisturizing damp skin, apply a tiny bit of a facial oil to help seal in that moisture.
New Post in Dry Skin
Mousteriser and cleanser
I ordered the drunk elephant lala retro mouteriser and made my skin sooooo smoth I would definitely buy it again I also got the gl ...read more
I ordered the drunk elephant lala retro mouteriser and made my skin sooooo smoth I would definitely buy it again I also got the glow recipe blueberry boucey cleanser it smells good and gets a lot of my makeup off I definitely recommend both.
New Reply in Dry Skin
Help my concealer is creasing
|
Re: Help my concealer is creasing
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Hi! I have the same problem as I have super baggy & dak under eyes & I have been trying to cover them since I was 11! Unfortunatel ...read more
Hi! I have the same problem as I have super baggy & dak under eyes & I have been trying to cover them since I was 11! Unfortunately, you’re never going to stop creasing all the way because there’s crevices there & there’s nothing you can do about them, but you can limit them!! First, I would use an eye cream and/or moisturizer to make sure your eyes are hydrated - that will definitely help with the separating! You might need to switch to a more hydrating concealer - I use the tarte Shape Tape™ radiant concealer & I think it works great, but a lot of people have said the #tarte shape tape ultra creamy concealer (won’t let me tag) works better for dryness. Then, once you apply your concealer, I like to let it sit & get “tacky” for more coverage. I always used a beauty blender solely, but I now start with a brush & I truly never realized how much product the beauty blender absorbs. Before going in to blend, I spray the brush with setting spray, so it’s setting as I blend (if that makes sense). I find it best to look up rather than looking down because then, you’re not getting in the under eye creases. I usually will go over very lightly with a wet beauty blender to make sure there aren’t harsh lines & you can spray with setting spray before you do that too if you want!I have super dry skin, so powders always caked & separated & looked so gross and crusty on me, but I started using the Laura Mercier Ultra-Blur Talc-Free Translucent Loose Setting Powder because it was advertised as being for dry skin & I think it made a huge difference for me. A brush works okay, but I prefer a powder puff to really press it underneath. I don’t bake, so I will dip the powder puff into the powder & rub the excess off onto the lid (the back of your hand works to) to make sure the powder is evenly distributed & so I don’t use too much and make myself cakey I’m sorry, I know this was so much, but I just wanted to help because I have always had the same issue & it’s the most frustrating! Everyone has different skin & skin types, so if these products don’t work for you, I hope at least some of the tips helped!!
Recent images from this conversation
New Reply in Dry Skin
Trying to get a new foundation and concealer and skincare routine products
|
Re: Trying to get a new foundation and concealer and skincare routine products
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @summerlindiss NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer I like to mix beauty oil into it for extra hydr ...read more
@summerlindiss NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer I like to mix beauty oil into it for extra hydrationGlow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Caudalie Mini Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 1 oz/ 30 mL Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL
New Post in Dry Skin
Perfect Teenage Day Cream
Ashpveda's Skin Perfect Teenage Day Cream features a harmonious blend of khus, eladitailum, and almond oils. This unique formulati ...read more
Ashpveda's Skin Perfect Teenage Day Cream features a harmonious blend of khus, eladitailum, and almond oils. This unique formulation aids in skin regeneration, diminishes scars and detoxifies the skin by eliminating excess water.https://www.ashpveda.com/collections/best-sellers-skin-care/products/day-cream-teenage-day-cream
New Reply in Dry Skin
Products
|
Re: Products
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @Sydneytheskin Exactly what types of products are you looking for? Cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen? Anything else? When you say ...read more
@Sydneytheskin Exactly what types of products are you looking for? Cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen? Anything else? When you say “breaks them out,” do you mean she gets more acne when she uses skincare products? If she’s a teen, breakouts are common due to hormonal changes but can be managed, usually with salicylic acid (BHA). Or, she could have a skin condition that mimics acne, like rosacea; you may want to take her to a dermatologist or primary care doctor to have her skin diagnosed and get more personalized treatment options. If her skin’s quite sensitive, Vanicream is a good brand that makes inexpensive and effective products that usually play nice with sensitive skin.
11,865 Posts