veronika23

Time to try something new!

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for a new scrub, peel, mask or treatment.

I have normal to dry (more dry) sensitive skin. I rarely breakout but do have some redness and discoloration. People think I'm 10 years younger than I actually am and I would like to keep it that way :smileywink: Any suggestions? I prefer a natural based brand. Thank you wonderful BT people!

spoiledbrat

Re: Time to try something new!

(0) Hearts

I second the Dr. Brandt microderm - it is so amazing - results after one use - you will love it! - smells great, works even better!

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks brat :smileywink:

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks ladies!  I'll look into those suggestions. :smileyhappy:

@kathie5 good idea about the double mask.  I have the Umbrian Clay already. =)

kathie5

Fresh Rose Mask is definitely good for redness and dryness. I actually use it over the Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask, so the clay removes impurities, and the rose mask keeps my skin from drying out and getting irritated. I do this every week!

Boscia also has a nice mini Mask Medley so you can try all 3 of their masks. They all work to make your skin super soft and radiant. upload_3346755256011109853.jpg

But I tend to prefer sheet masks for hydration and the one from Sephora Collection is surprisingly good! And cheap! :smileywink:

upload_2442385489390595631.jpg

As for exfoliation, I love the one from Envie de Neuf - Gentle Exfoliating Gel II. So gentle and doesn't cause redness or irritation. If anything, it makes my skin even more hydrated! upload_2788839251813916824.jpg

My mom got this from a department store in Taiwan, but I looked around and you can get it here: http://shop.enviedeneuf.com/Gentle-Exfoliating-Gel-II-p/s9ii.htm, amazon, dermstore, etc.

lissay

Simple Sugars has a natural scrub that is amazing and made for sensitive skin. It's not sold at Sephora though. I use the avacado facial scrub and it leaves my face feeling amazing!! And a little goes a long way. Their body scrubs with Emu oil are great too!!!

DTalksAll

Not sold at Sephora (it used to be), but check out Juice Beauty. You can e-mail them and ask for samples. I like to get their products from Beautybar because they have fast shipping & good customer service. Some Juice Beauty products are bit strong, but they have gentle versions too. 

These are the ones I know that are naturalish that I really like:

- OH Blue/Black Mask- Uber gentle, hydrates & exfoliates

upload_8925256705381773719.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/blue-black-berry-enzyme-mask-P113608?skuId=958686

- Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel - I think it's gentle enough to use daily in place of a cleanser, but I'm used to exfoliation. In the winter I use it almost every morning to help with retinol dryness

upload_7150795381727311734.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/treatment-enzyme-peel-P232931?icid2=AmorePacific_Editors_Picks%20_P232931_lin...

ChicDabbler

Hmmm, natural based.....Fresh rose mask is great for hydrating and tone, OH black/blue berry is a very gentle enzyme mask for sensitive skin, Boots Botanic conditioning is a mud mask that helps with clogged pores but very gentle and not drying at all.

Don't really have a rec for scrubs since I prefer synthetic ones cuz the natural ones are generally a bit more abrasive.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  Will look into those products.  Just out of curiosity which scrubs do you like?

ChicDabbler

Clinique 7 day scrub cream and Laura Mercier face polish are both thick and creamy without stripping the skin. If you can afford to splurge, then Dr.brandt microdermabrasion, superfine grains and feel so good. =)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

SydBristow

Hi veronika!! :smileyhappy:

I use AHAs once a week, a natural fruit acid based one called Derma E Evenly Radiant Overnight Peel. Other than my skin getting a little red while it was on, I haven't had any negative side effects, only positive!

Due to some flaking from retinol use I got a sample of Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator, which I am not going to alternate with the AHA use.

http://www.sephora.com/fruit-enzyme-exfoliator-P257005

Both are good for exfoliation and natural!! :smileyhappy:

veronika23

(0) Hearts

This is the other product right?

c49fc9710228a66ded770776fb5df5fd_ra,w403,h403_pa,w403,h403.jpg

SydBristow

Hmmmmm that's interesting. I wonder if it's the same thing, mine says Evenly Radiant (TM) Overnight Peel. I have seen it at Bed Bath and Beyond. Is the pic from their website?

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Pic is from on-line Drugstore in Canada... Says new look on the box so could be it I guess.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I'll get a sample of the Jurlique to see how I like it :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

I should clarify my skin only got red the first time with the AHAs. while it was initially on my skin. It's been fine since. :smileyhappy:

I have very dry skin that is somewhat sensitive.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lissay
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23
    • kathie5