Tarte Maracuja Oil

(0) Hearts

Is the Tarte Maracuja Oil worth the hype?

Re: Tarte Maracuja Oil

(0) Hearts

I really like this oil. I typically use it in the morning over my moisturizer and serum. My skin is usually dry but this helps keep it hydrated without it looking oily and greasy. 

(0) Hearts

LOVE IT!  I've used several different oils...my go-to oils are Tarte and the Fresh Seaberry (I use Fresh when my skin is having a rough day, but Tarte is my "daily" oil).  It just makes things better:-)

(0) Hearts

I've been curious about the sea berry oil. I have found the Nude oil to be very similar to Maricuja as well.  

This is seriously my Holy Grail facial oil. I'm constantly buying sets of Tarte products just so I can grab up another deluxe sample or rollerball of it! I never want to run out! I take two or three drops and rub it between my hands after cleansing and drying my face, patting it all over, being careful to avoid my eye area. I don't rub it in, just pat gently! Then I go ahead and do my serums and moisturizer. I use it twice a day and have noticed my skin is bright, my texture is even, my redness is greatly reduced and I'm nowhere near as oily as I used to be before I began using it. I know that some people tend to use it after their moisturizer, but I find that has caused me to break out or feel more oily. I did have one of my friends mix it with her moisturizer, which worked wonders for her skin. Overall, it's my favorite facial oil and it's so accessible to give a try, with all the kits and sets that it comes in as an extra, I recommend at least giving a few weeks with it to see if it works as well for you!

(0) Hearts

Hi beccav03, 

I love Tarte's Maracuja Oil! It moisturizes my skin very nicely and it also helps brighten. I do think it is a little more of a lightweight oil, so it is ideal for combination to oily skin types. :smileyhappy: 

<3, Randee

(0) Hearts

I love it! I have very sensitive skin and this has become one of my favorite products because it never, ever irritates. It always gives me good, long-lasting, and quickly absorbed moisture. My favorite part about it is the versatility! I use it my itself at night as a moisturizer and 3-3-4 drops mixed into my moisturizer for daytime use. I have even mixed it into my body lotion when I have especially dry skin. I highly recommend it!

Everyone's skin really is different. I've experimented with this and it seems like my skin tolerates it well (and dare I say benefits glowingly!) if used very sparingly(2 drops) lightly pressed on right before bed every other night (nightly if the air is drier). Mind you this is the last step.  I find it absorbs a lot easier and faster than other facials oils.  But you should really sample it for yourself and see how your skin responds.  I've heard various results depending on the person and the oils...so try it for yourself.

I use it exactly the same way and love it. My sample size of .23 oz lasts arund 3 months for me, so I have hoarded up a few of the small promo bottles and I don't have to buy the large size. 

Now in hindsight I wish I had gotten a few more myself.  They had a Discovery set a last month that was $10 dollars which was a combo of the oil and eye cream and I'm now kicking myself for not buying a couple more. Oh well, live and learn I guess :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If my breakouts aren't freaking out, it's quite nice stuff. Mixes great with moisturizer, absorbs nicely, gives hydration without a greasy sheen.

If I am actively breaking out it makes things much, much worse. 

As luck would have it I am usually breaking out, so I rarely get to use it.

(0) Hearts

I enjoy using it when I need extra hydration and when my skin is sensitive from other products.  

(0) Hearts

Depends on what you are looking for. In short, yes :smileyhappy: But it also depends on your skin type- skincare always varies person to person.

For me this oil is very hydrating, reduces acne, brightens my skin and reduces pigmentation and scarring. I know some can't tolerate the smell (doesn't bother me), but that's something to consider before purchasing! Don't forget, you can always go to a Sephora and get a sample!

(0) Hearts

I love it!

(0) Hearts

Yes!  It provides a little extra hydration and small amout of brightening ability :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

yes.

(0) Hearts

Yes? This is kind of a difficult question to answer because it is just based on opinion. What are you wanting to get from a facial oil? I like the Maracuja oil because it moisturizes, absorbs pretty fast, and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats