Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

SUNSCREEN RECOMMENDATIONS DRY, SENSTIVE, & BLEMISH PRONE SKIN

Hi y'all. I'm looking for recommendations for sunscreen. I have dry, sensitive skin that it also prone to blemishes (mostly hormonal acne). I have just started using Dr Brandt Skincare 2% Retinol Complex Serum and have been loving the results. However, I understand that it is very important to use an SPF with retinol product, but I have not been able to find one that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, or break me out.

Note: I have mainly use drugstore sunscreen in the past. I am just now branching into higher end skin care 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Re: SUNSCREEN RECOMMENDATIONS DRY, SENSTIVE, & BLEMISH PRONE SKIN

If you are using retinol or other products that may cause sun sensitivity, I would recommend going for at least SPF30 or more. If you are outside all day, then reapply with an SPF powder or spray.

As for moisturizers with SPF, I only look for ones with SPF30+ and moisturizes like a real moisturizer. My favorite is AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF35, but it's scented. If that's a problem, then I recommend give Peter Thomas Roth All Day Max Defense SPF30 a try. It's scentless, moisturizing, SPF30 and contains vitamin A, C and E.

Or if you really want, use your favorite non-SPF moisturizer and use a lightweight SPF on top. I'm a fan of Clarins, which has SPF50 but feels/looks invisible on the skin and works well under makeup.

http://www.sephora.com/max-sheer-all-day-moisture-defense-lotion-spf-30-sunscreen-lotion-P6563

http://www.sephora.com/sunscreen-multi-protection-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P393065?skuId=1682202&icid2=...

Re: SUNSCREEN RECOMMENDATIONS DRY, SENSTIVE, & BLEMISH PRONE SKIN

Hi @sammmckinley,

Here are some great moisturizers that contain SPF to try out if you have dry, sensitive, blemish prone skin: 

Shiseido Ibuki Protective Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 18

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair ™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30

Cheers!
Nikko
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing