SmileyGurrl

Ridiculous Skin Issues!

I am very annoyed with my skin. The skin on my face drys out really bad, and its very dull looking, it also.. somehow even though its dry its also oily. I think i have a cystic acne issue too because whenever i get a pimple its like a hard and painful lump that is very inflamed and red, and takes over a week to start to heal and even when it heals it leaves a bruise like scar on my face.. anyways i dont know how to combat my issues. i do exfoliate my face with a wash cloth in the shower every day.. i know your not supposed to exfoliate that often but when i dont it gets super tight and unbearable. i moisturize my face with coconut oil and i mix it with an acne treatment moisturizer and it seems to help the dryness, tightness and acne but not enough. I need advice on how to deal with all of my issues. How can i get rid of the cystic acne, dry tightness, dullness and oiliness? I dont know what to do i feel like ive tryed everything. I want my skin to glow and be soft and acne free once and for all... Any suggestions on what i should try?

trucie

Re: Ridiculous Skin Issues!

(0) Hearts

I recommend KATE SOMERVILLE Anti Bac Clearing Lotion since it has Benzoyl Peroxide 5%. And try an oil free moisturizer.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You really need to do what makes you comfortable. You are the only one that knows your skin better than any one else.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

If you have the cystic acne then a sensitive cleanser is not going to help. It doesn't seem like your sensitive approach is making your acne better. I work for a dermatologist and we never treat cystic acne gentle. Murad is a number one product for acne. I can't help with a gentle approach I just saw your post about wanting to be acne free. Good luck I hope you find what your looking for.

SmileyGurrl

(0) Hearts

Okay I will consider trying Murad. Thank you for your advice.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Do you have any product on your washcloth that you are exfoliating with? A washcloth alone is not going to do anything. I suggest you stop everything and pick up a Murad Acne Kit, Also it sounds like your dehydrated in which that has to be taken care from the inside by increasing your water intake. But all and all get the acne kit and stick to it and don't quit after 2 weeks Stop using all that other mess,oil clogs pores and causes acne. You will see results in about 4 to 6  weeks. Hope this helps!

SmileyGurrl

(0) Hearts

i put face wash on my face and let it sit for a minute then wash it of with the wash cloth. Surprisingly the coconut oil has been helping.. i did lots of research on it before trying it and it has cleared my black heads.. has not helped or made my other issues worse though.. is murad good for sensitive skin? i dont want to put anything to harsh on my skin... i would like to try things that are a little more natural.

kstrat

(0) Hearts

A more natural brand is Bosica.  I believe they offer a kit for clearing up blemishes.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • kstrat
    • beautylovingirl
    • SmileyGurrl
    • trucie