From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Dry Skin

Dry Skin

• 55191 Members
  • 3196 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Facing winter woes, a skin type transition, or looking to revamp your routine? This is the perfect place to discuss all things moisturizing.

Facing winter woes, a skin type transition, or looking to revamp your routine? This is the perfect place to discuss all things moisturizing.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Dry Skin
Dry skin at the beach
|
Re: Dry skin at the beach
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Kayla208 @What products are you using right now? ...read more
@Kayla208 @What products are you using right now?
New Reply in Dry Skin
Matte hydrating Foundation
|
Re: Matte hydrating Foundation
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @cutiecheeks415, a matte foundation is going to be a little flat or dry, if you will, because of the finish. If anything, you can ...read more
@cutiecheeks415, a matte foundation is going to be a little flat or dry, if you will, because of the finish. If anything, you can also mix in a highlighter, primer or moisturizer into the foundation to kick up your glow or make it more luminous. I really like the Pat one and have heard good things about Shiseido, so IMO both are winners. Stuff I like to mix in with foundations:Elf Halo Glow (IMO a dupe of Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter , but to each their own)Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Dior Forever Glow Star Filter Multi-Use Complexion Enhancing Booster Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Transcend ETA: Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation maybe more akin to what you're looking for
New Reply in Dry Skin
Help for tropical travel
|
Re: Help for tropical travel
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @iLovuBugu Do you live someplace that gets hot (say, 85ºF and above) and humid in the summer? If yes: whatever skincare products ...read more
@iLovuBugu Do you live someplace that gets hot (say, 85ºF and above) and humid in the summer? If yes: whatever skincare products you use during summer will also work during your tropical island stay. Even if your hometown never gets hot and humid, your usual facial cleanser(s) should be fine no matter what climate you visit. Also, if you already use certain serums as treatments (retinol, vitamin C, niacinamide, etc.), you can just take ‘em with you on vacation if you’ve got the packing space. You may want to look for travel sizes or transfer some of your products to smaller containers. Or if you’re like me, you’ll try to find solid stick versions of some liquid products for easier travel (and in my case, fewer TSA headaches at airport security). What’s your current skincare routine? If you don’t already use a broad spectrum sunscreen (at least SPF 30) daily, start doing that today and keep doing it after your vacation ends, all year long, regardless of weather or season. Also get into the habit of reapplying it throughout the day. And consider buying at least one piece of UPF-rated clothing you’ll wear/carry often—maybe a lightweight jacket, a coverup, a long skirt, etc. (“UPF” is to fabrics what “SPF” is to sunscreens.) Several brands make UPF clothing. I often travel with a Uniqlo lightweight UPF jacket. If you plan to check your bag during a flight, pack larger tubes of sunscreen in that bag—and maybe bring more sunscreen than you think you’ll need. You should generously apply sunscreen to ALL exposed skin: eyelids, ears, behind ears, nape of neck if exposed, shoulders, waist if exposed, feet, ankles, wrists, hands, etc. You’ll need to reapply sunscreen every couple hours, and more frequently if you get wet (beach, rain, sweat a lot, etc.). And if you’ll wear long flowy skirts/dresses, you’ll still need sunscreen on your legs unless those clothes are UPF-rated—and even then, it’s a good idea to still use sunscreen for extra protection. When I visit the Caribbean, here’s my typical travel skincare kit: SpoilerCleanser (PM, optional AM) - I use a solid bar cleanser (Abib Heartleaf Stone) at home, so I just cut off a small piece to travel with. I’ve also done this with a CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar. For makeup removal, I pack a small cleansing balm; my favorite is The INKEY List Mini Oat Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. In the morning I usually just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth. Treatments (as needed) - for my particular skin needs/concerns, I use a daily retinaldehyde serum and twice-daily azelaic acid cream and argireline serum. I continue that routine when I travel anywhere, so I pack mini/travel sizes of those products. To save space in my liquids bag (per TSA requirements), I look for a solid stick serum that contains most of the ingredients found in my usual at-home summer skincare products. And I like to bring SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask Patches for Dark Circles + De-Puffing Blueberry (actually the old caffeine/coffee eye masks which I can’t tag anymore): they’re great used as intended, but they can also be used anywhere on the face and body. Moisturizer (PM) - I pack a travel size of my usual summer nighttime moisturizer, usually CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (I have mostly-dry combo skin). I might also use this in the morning, especially around my eyes. But in hot weather, I typically skip moisturizer altogether. Sunscreen (AM) - this does double duty as moisturizer and UV protection in hot weather. My go-to for everyday, including travel, is Supergoop! Mineral Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz / 50 ml. But if you want to save money, try the body version of other brands’ facial sunscreens: they typically come in bigger tubes than facial sunscreens and cost less per ounce. Bondi Sands and Native make body sunscreens that work well on my face. I do also use them on my body. Cleanser (PM, optional AM) - I use a solid bar cleanser (Abib Heartleaf Stone) at home, so I just cut off a small piece to travel with. I’ve also done this with a CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar. For makeup removal, I pack a small cleansing balm; my favorite is . In the morning I usually just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth. Treatments (as needed) - for my particular skin needs/concerns, I use a daily retinaldehyde serum and twice-daily azelaic acid cream and argireline serum. I continue that routine when I travel anywhere, so I pack mini/travel sizes of those products. To save space in my liquids bag (per TSA requirements), I look for a solid stick serum that contains most of the ingredients found in my usual at-home summer skincare products. And I like to bring (actually the old caffeine/coffee eye masks which I can’t tag anymore): they’re great used as intended, but they can also be used anywhere on the face and body. Moisturizer (PM) - I pack a travel size of my usual summer nighttime moisturizer, usually CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (I have mostly-dry combo skin). I might also use this in the morning, especially around my eyes. But in hot weather, I typically skip moisturizer altogether. Sunscreen (AM) - this does double duty as moisturizer and UV protection in hot weather. My go-to for everyday, including travel, is . But if you want to save money, try the body version of other brands’ facial sunscreens: they typically come in bigger tubes than facial sunscreens and cost less per ounce. Bondi Sands and Native make body sunscreens that work well on my face. I do also use them on my body. Enjoy your vacation!
New Reply in Dry Skin
Saie dew blush in chilly
|
Re: Saie dew blush in chilly
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: my skincare is the peach slices snail rescue hydrating toner, good molecules hyaluronic acid, and cerave moisturizer
my skincare is the peach slices snail rescue hydrating toner, good molecules hyaluronic acid, and cerave moisturizer
New Reply in Dry Skin
Makeup
|
Re: Makeup
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @unicorn1889 Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face ...read more
@unicorn1889 Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml
New Post in Dry Skin
Drunk elephant
Well yall, these products live up to the hype! These are my only drunk elephant products and they are amazing! They are definitely ...read more
Well yall, these products live up to the hype! These are my only drunk elephant products and they are amazing! They are definitely pricey and probably not worth the money but I love them! I have used them separately and together and they work wonders! I really recommend using them together! You need these now! 
  • image.jpg
New Reply in Dry Skin
Makeup dry face
|
Re: Makeup dry face
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @NathalieeeS Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Ch ...read more
@NathalieeeS Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
New Reply in Dry Skin
Beauty community - HELP
|
Re: Beauty community - HELP
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @xTinaMarie2 I have dry skin and I could not get the Haus foundation to work for me. It looked cakey no matter how I tried it. ...read more
@xTinaMarie2 I have dry skin and I could not get the Haus foundation to work for me. It looked cakey no matter how I tried it.
Recent images from this conversation
New Post in Dry Skin
Bubble skincare
Helps with dry skin!
Helps with dry skin!
New Reply in Dry Skin
Help.
|
Re: Help.
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @montchriss Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moistu ...read more
@montchriss Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum
11,907 Posts