Becca426

Purity Made Simple or BareMinerals Purifying Facial cleanser?

Hi I was wondering which cleanser is better for dry and acne prone skin. Purity made simple or BareMinerals Purifying Facial cleanser? I am looking for a cleanser that will remove my makeup, not make me dry me out and help prevent break outs. I heard they are both really similar, has anyone tried both and or have any recommendations? Thanks!

btmod2

Re: Purity Made Simple or BareMinerals Purifying Facial cleanser?

Hi Becca,

I prefer the BareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser to the Purity Made Simple. I have combination skin and the Purity Made Simple really dried my skin out. The BareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser was very gentle, free of fragrance, and kept my skin feeling soft and breakout free.

Another terrific cleanser is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. It is a creamier gel cleanser that is even gentle enough to use around the eyes! It always keeps my skin feeling and looking hydrated and helps prevent breakouts. I would suggest giving it a try if you haven't already! 

Best,

Randee

daisies121

(0) Hearts

I vote for the BM cleanser.  Purity dries the heck out of my skin.

lylysa

Out of the two, my vote is for the Bare Minerals. Purity contains sulfates and for skin that is already dry, sulfates will only work more in the direction to strip skin of natural oils produced.

Neither the Purity or the Bare Minerals will serve toward acne treatment, so their main focuses will be to actually just cleanse skin and remove make up.

If you're looking for another option good for dry and acne prone skin to where it won't irritate blemishes, try Korres' Milk Proteins 3 in 1 Cleanser, it helps to cleanse, tone, and remove make up:

Korres - Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion

The formula is made gentle with no parabens, sulfates, synthetics dyes, petrochemicals, and other fillers and the use of lactic acid helps to sooth irritation/sensitivity, redness, and inflammation that tends to accompany dry or acne prone skin. Lactic acid also works to gently even skin tone to help brighten and combat against post acne marks while helping break down and remove dead excess skin cells which can build up on the surface and dull the complexion or eventually clog pores.

Another gentle option, one that is actually geared for acne/blemish prone skin but also helps to remove make up while cleansing skin is the Purifying Cleansing Gel by Boscia. This line is also formulated with many fillers, sulfates, and preservatives and is also very botanically based.

boscia - Purifying Cleansing Gel

Amino acids strengthen skin's own defenses while balancing hydration and hydrangea extract targets and purifies pores.

doriangray

These are awesome recommendations.  I want to try the Korres now.

lylysa

The Korres Milk line is great! Milk/lactic acid serves to so many skin issues and types, especially those with sensitivities. Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid but tends to be more mild in comparison to glycolic acids (alpha hydroxy acids from fruit/sugar sources) and salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid that is commonly used for blemishes/acne prone skin). It's delicate enough for dryness (great for winter months or in baths if dry skin extends to more than just the face) but still effective for oily/blemish prone skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • daisies121
    • lylysa
    • doriangray
    • Becca426