Cruiser770

Please Rescue my dry skin!

I have tried so many products, not sure where to go from here. My skin is very dry, and rarely breaks out. I am currently using Seaberry oil and a Korres yogurt mask, but my skin is still very dry and rough in texture. What products are working for other dry skin sufferers?

I use a milky cleanser, and clarisonic a few times a week (i always forget about it). I also have skin masks, exfoliants, etc, etc., etc! I am lost. Any suggestions would be wonderful! I use a lot of Paula's Choice products which I love, but right now anything would be great. I also need to try and keep the price reasonable.

seemee22

Re: Please Rescue my dry skin!

(0) Hearts

What about Sponge Ladi Avokanto oil? It's an oil,but is thicker in viscosity than say Argan oil. It's sold @ Sephora. 

sscalapice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i recommend you

bourjois-healthy-mix-serum

Image00004.jpg

it’s very dewy and glowy again but it’s more lightly than the other Healthy Mix.

I think  dry and maybe even slightly combination skins would like this one.

I share with you the best list of all product ho can gave you the best results

michmo

Are you in Canada?  I am desperately looking for this, but am even having a hard time finding my shade available online that will ship to US.  

natyrose

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

coconut oil . trust me . it rescued my skin, i take my makeup off with it and i use it as a night time moisturizer and wash it off in the morning.

Clakent

(0) Hearts

There's the Monsia skin renewal system, it's very gentle and moisturizing so I think it will work for you. I have sensitive skin too.

Cruiser770

(0) Hearts

I love all the suggestions,thank you everyone!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Peter Thomas Roth's VIZ-1000 is great for hydrating dry skin as well.  This and Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturizer (there's two types, get the heavier one) have worked for me, plus the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask works wonders too.

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

I also have dry skin. LIKE CRAZY! But the products I use are the JOSIE MARAN Argan Cleansing Oil along with my Clarisonic and then I apply TARTE's Pure Maracuja oil afterwards and for my eyes I use TARTES Eye Cream all of these products work wonders. Give me a HEART.

mplsblonde

(0) Hearts

i use a mix of origins and tarte. . . i like the origins night-a-mins moisturizer - it actually sinks into my skin for nice hydration. when i have dry patches i use tarte maracuja oil - i never thought i would use an oil but i got a sample and fell in love.  it was the only thing that got rid of the dry patches & didn't cause break outs.  

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

The best moisturizer I have found for dry skin is the Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture. after applying it once at night, I see a huge difference in my skin the next day.  It can be pricey, but one jar lasts at least 6 months with daily use so it really isn't too bad.  Could be worth getting a sample of to try. :smileyhappy:

carolang

I have oily combo skin but around my mouth my skin can get very tight and dry, itchy and uncomfortable... You know!

Something I would consider adding to your regimen is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask (green tube, last I checked only the 10 minute version in a white tube was available on sephora - this is not very good). FYI it is heavily scented of mangos/fruit but it fades away after application. It really helps bring my skin back to life.

I agree, I use argan oil and maracuja oil and they don't do much for me. I might pat them on but mostly have been using them on my brows and lashes to condition and maybe hopefully growthem more (you'll see people making caster and avocado oil concoctions for hair growth... Do I think it works.. Not necessarily... But why not put my extra argan oil there). I have noticed a difference but it could be chalked up to the fact hair is on different growth cycles.

Back to dry skin. I have been thinking about doing microdermabrasion like someone said, my skin on my chin is just looking really tight, stretched, and aged and I hate it! You might also check/read up on the Ole Henriksen blue blackberry enzyme mask (available here) its an exfoliating mask but it's also marketed as imparting hydration. I would agree with that. It smells like lavender so it's a nice spa like experience. They have a stronger lemon peel version which I haven't tried - this one is marketed for sensitive skin and it hasn't bothered me at all.

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

I know your struggle!

ive tried ole henrikson, Korres, Josie maran, tarte, and so many more and currently the moisturizer that I'm using that is working and actually keeping my dry skin under control, is the Peter Thomas Roth oilless Oil. It has been nothing but gracious to my skin and I'm hoping it lasts. I've been using it since October and so far it has worked wonders for me, i hope it might do the same for you. 

http://www.sephora.com/oilless-oil-100-percent-purified-squalane-P381032?skuId=1538933

Cruiser770

Thank you! I have tried so so many products, and it gets expensive if you can't return something! Do you use this oil instead of a cream moisturizer?

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

Yes instead of a cream moisturizer. I use a medium size drop morning and night and it covers my whole face and helps so much. 

I've used the tarte maracuja and the Josie maran argon oil, and they've helped for a little while, then started to break me out, or stopped covering all the dryness, I've found this is the most reliable (for me). 

Good luck!

carolang

(0) Hearts

I have a sample of this... (you don't need a lot, a perfume vial sample came with one of the promo codes back in November) I don't get it. Didn't do anything for me.

Oh! I forgot to mention this but I thought the rose facial was soooo much better than the Greek yogurt one, not sure if you tried the rose version.

Cruiser770

(0) Hearts

I tried the greek one, and am returning it tomorrow! Thanks

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

For me I used the rose facial and it worked in the summer but when winter came along it wasn't enough. 

The Greek yogurt was more coverage but the smell drove me crazy, and after I used it all up, I wasn't convinced enough to buy another.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You may want to try microdermabrasion at the dermatologist office. It will help to remove the dry, rough skin and sucks it away..and it's painless - you really don't notice it on the skin, but helps the skin start fresh.

Caudalie moisturizing mask is very thick, I just leave on overnight instead of removing as a mask.

http://www.sephora.com/moisturizing-cream-mask-P374575?skuId=1424225

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

I love Paula's Choice products as well! The thing that has banished my dry, flaky skin this winter has been Origins Plantscription face oil.

Cruiser770

(0) Hearts

Thank You!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • waterbaby1981