Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Peeling Dry Flaky skin upper lip area - Help?

Over the last two days my upper lip and the area above it has been dry, flaky/peeling and red. Could it be a chemical reaction from some product? I don't believe I tried anything new on my lips that I had not tried before. When I touch that area it feels a little rough to the touch. It did burn a little when I was using facewash to wash the area and when I put cream on it like Belief's Aqua Bomb.

I am kind of smearing the area with Bite agave lip balm but it just feels so weird and rough-ish.

Re: Peeling Dry Flaky skin upper lip area - Help?

@trishna87 When I'm super dry I use the Bite Beauty scrub (the whipped cherry one) and it does the trick.  The key is to find the spot between not being too abrasive and being too gentle.  I'm very no-frills when it comes to lip balm, so I just use the Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick.  Good luck!

@trishna87 it's possible that you may be allergic to the Bite agave lip mask 😞  I've had this similar reaction to the new Bite Amuse Bouche formula and there is a thread with others talking about their sensitivity to some ingredients in Bite products: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Bite-Beauty-Allergic-Reactions/td-p/2413760

Hi @trishna87,

I was out in the sun a lot over the weekend, and I didn't have any lip balm that contained SPF, so I think my lips got a little burned, which resulted in pretty dry/flaky lips. I also used Bite Beauty's agave lip balm (and a ton of it), for two days straight and it seemed to help soooo much! Now, I'm not sure if this is the case for you, so I suggest checking with your primary healthcare physician for what might be causing this. But in the meantime, I think the agave lip balm is a great way to soothe your lips since it's helped me out!

Cheers!
Nikko

I was out in the sun a bit but it wasn't too bad I thought. I'll keep applying the Agave Lip balm then and hope for the best 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing