dreamallday

PLEASE HELP WITH VERY DRY SKIN

I am looking for a better makeup routine for my very dry/flakey skin. I am 19 and quite pale and sometimes break out in my forehead and jaw line. I moisturize in the morning before putting makeup on and at night before going to bed but my face seems to not get any better once I set the makeup. It always looks very dry which to me is not appealing at all. 

I am currently using La Mer Moisturizing Gel Cream which I was told would clear up my dry skin quickly but has not worked for me. After spending $280 on it I expected much better. I am also using the La Mer facial cleanser and don't know yet if it is doing anything for me. I use Clinique Exfoliating Scrub for a very long time now and it seems to work but I have never used another exfoliating scrub so I don't have anything to compare it to. After moisturizing I use the Chanel Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base. 

For foundation I am using MAKE UP FOR EVER HD. Which I apply with the chanel foundations brush (maybe I should use a sponge, idk)

Then i wear Chanel Less Tissages powder blush which is a lovely color, but I am wondering if I shouldn't be using powder brush. Then I use MAKE UP FOREVER Smokey lash. I rarely use eye shadow, I prefer a natural look. But lately I've been intrigued to use a luminizer so I'd love to hear which ones have woke for you. 

I really want to switch foundation to one that fits my needs and gives me a natural look, but also making it seem like i have flawless skin. Which do you recomend? 

I would also like to hear tips on how to manage my very dry skin.

ps. I am EXTREMLY intrigued by the AMOREPACIFIC Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ has anyone used it? if so, how was your experience?

Sorry for the long post..  kind regards. 

lylysa

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH VERY DRY SKIN

How often are you exfoliating and what moisturizer for night and day do you use?

krunce

I agree with arielaaaa. Try swapping your brush for a sponge for your make up routine. Goss Makeup Artist on youtube talks about how buffing motions with brushes can lead to microdermabrasion and emphasize dry skin.

I think that a gel cream isn't what you want if you have chronically dry skin. Try something more lotiony. I suffer from dry skin as well and my 2 faves have been (currently) Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and (formerly) Korres Yoghurt skin cream. 

A cheat you can use is if you have particularly dry patches, just try applying some vaseline to them at night to completely lock in whatever moisture you've added with a lotion. I have a chronically dry nose and when it's really bad, this is the only thing that can help it.

krunce

OH and until you've got a better handle on your dryness, you could also dry swapping out abrasive exfoliators for non-abrasive ones, like the Peter Thomas Roth and Philosophy ones that use AHAs and BHAs to exfoliate. 

consolvo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Again, I have to give a plug to the KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial.

This isn't only great for dry skin, but all skin types. It actually helped a lot to alleviate my oily T-zone. I use it at night, as suggested.

It not only smells lovely, a little goes a long way. I sometimes add 2 drops of Argan oil (or your beauty oil of choice) and rub the mixture, using the back of my hands, all over my face and neck. (I use this method of application on most of my skincare items. Your hands will appreciate it!)

If you are near a store, I'd recommend at least getting a sample to try!

swfupload_2206784504295636747.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=KORRES%20Wild%20Rose%20%2B%20Vitamin%20C%20...

ayen85

I have dry skin too as i am a retin- a user.ive seen great reviews on the PMD -personal microdermabrasion system,planning on getting one next month. Also check HADALABO super hyaluronic acid @ amazon and reviews @makeupalley.i have been loving it for months now! For micro exfoliating products try the st ives green tea or the CURE natural aqua gel. For face masks try the dear diary,musingsofamuse swears by it so i would love to try it sometime too! I think asian products are also as good as those found here in the u.s!

During the winter my skin was so dry and after months of searching for something that doesnt accentuate my dry patches and pores i finally settled on the estee lauder double wear light. I have tried laura mercier silkcreme,dior forever,chanel,mac,ysl,urban decay,cover fx ,clarins and the list goes on but nothing compares to EL Light! Has light to medium coverage,i just use mac concealer for occasional breakouts. It doesnt look like im wearing tons of makeup,it just blends beautifully on my skin..Also try guerlain meteorites for setting your makeup as it gives this glowing effect on dry skin.
I am no expert when it comes to makeup and skincare but after searching countless products these are the ones that work for me. Hope this helps!

arielaaaaaaaa

Well I think you should try using a sponge for your makeup. A beauty Blender or just a wet sponge, a brush can irritate your skin leading to flaking while your putting on your makeup. There are alot of hydrating foundations, but i know Laura Mercier has some although i have not tried them. I've tried the SmashBox 15 hour studio skin foundation, and i thought it was very good at hydrating my skin. I also set my makeup with UD setting spray, powder really makes my skin look horrible. I've gotten pretty frustrated looking for products to help my severly dry skin, and the one thing i finally found is Josie Marans infinity cream. I use it as a night time moisturizer. It's looks very oily for about an hour but it's the only thing that made my face stop flaking. When i wake up my skin doesn't have dry spots, which is very nice. Usually when i wake up i see horrible dry patches and flaking. As far a the powder blush goes, if you have dryness on your cheeks i would say to switch to a cream. Sorry i can't help with a luminizer. 

dreamallday

photo.JPG

i saw people post pictures, so there's mine. Sorry im in pjs

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • consolvo