IRISHQUEEN

NEED SOME QUICK ADVISE FOR NEW SERUM/ MOISTURIZER!!! RED CHEEKS & MENOPAUSAL SKIN!

HI LADIES!

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING & RESEARCHING & READING & ASKING QUESTIONS OVER & OVER  FOR ABOUT A WEEK TO MAKE SURE I AM MAKING THE RIGHT PURCHASE!

I NEED A SERUM &/ OR MOISTURIZER TO HELP W/ MY RED CHEEKS (W/ SOME VISIBLE CAPILLARIES [NOT THAT IMPORT. NOW] ) & DRY SKIN DUE TO HORMONAL / THYROID CHANGES. 

BASICALLY I HAVE DRY SKIN W/ RED CHEEKS & WAS NEEDING SOME (ASAP) ADVISE AS TO WHAT WOULD BE MY BEST PURCHASE! CAN U HELP ME PLEASE?!

BTW, I JUST PURCHASED (WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE) THE NEW BAREMINERALS FOUNDATION & WAS HOPING FOR SOMETHING THAT WOULD FLOW NICELY W/ THIS (OR ANY CC /BB B/C I NORM. DON'T WEAR FOUNDATIONS BUT LOVE THEIR POWDER'S & HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR THIS !)

-I have Clinique's Even Better Moisturizer + BUT need to add something to it. I don't feel as though their redness line would be appropriate for me at all.

-I have been looking at and been directed to FIRST AID BEAUTY but I am not so sure about it b/c of the Sulfur (never used it on skin?). 

-I was also directed to & pondering the REN line. It's supposed to be for sensitive skin w/ redness but I am unsure of it.

-I already have a night mask (NUDE) that is wonderful what little I have got to use it due to breaking out into a rash (that I just got over!). Just need something to layer for daytime.

Thank You!

ghkim

Re: NEED SOME QUICK ADVISE FOR NEW SERUM/ MOISTURIZER!!! RED CHEEKS & MENOPAUSAL SKIN!

(0) Hearts

clarins super restorative serum and moisturizers are supposed to be perfect for peri/post menopause. it is very moisturizing and contains isoflavones that can act like estrogen, which is what your skin is missing during this time. 

beauty4ashes

Re: NEED SOME QUICK ADVISE FOR NEW SERUM/ MOISTURIZER!!! RED CHEEKS & MENOPAUSAL SKIN!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I  posted similar facial skin issues. I had a flare-up last night that was way too close to my eyes so I went in to the emergency department/urgent care. Here's the the title & link to my post. you may find something helpful. :smileyhappy:

OCCASIONAL MYSTERY DRY PATCHES (RASH?) WHAT DO YOU USE TO HEAL/SPOT TREAT?

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Occasional-Mystery-Dry-Patches-Rash-What-do-you-u...

EDIT: When I read my reply to you, the LINK doesn't look like a LINK, so maybe click on the words after the underlined title... it says Patches-Rash-What-do-you-u... click on that.

If it still doesn't take you to the post, it's under "Other Skin Concerns"

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

What does your dermatologist suggest?

If you already have medical issues that are known to cause problems with skin, self-treating with ANY cosmeceutical product no matter how "high-end"  the magic potion treatments may further aggravate your skin.

You could probably even call your GYN office to ask the RN if he/she has any recommendations for menopausal skin. 

IRISHQUEEN

Hi beauty4ashes !

Yeah, you would think right! When I don't get to see the Derma himself  (& only see the RN ) I kinda feel rushed a bit. Rushed right on out after they have said what they have to say or wrote what they wanted to write ):  ( SAD EYE'S, LOL) ! I like to talk & regroup for a hot minute before I just jump up and leave! Prob. the Virgo in me ( a.k.a. tiny bit O.C.D a/b certain things)!

(They did look at the Nude night mask, Olo Hen. eye cream, & Josie M. Argon oil & a cpl of other boxes to prod's I have used, did use, & want to use and said they were all really great!)

As for my GYN.... he JUST retired! I just saw my "new" one last week. I don't think they would have any clue/ answers like my other ppl's would have. Matter of fact I have not set this place in stone w/ me yet.  

*The only medical condition would be Menopause ( I'm not too sure about the whole Thyroid thing due to Meno yet. Not until my Dr. look's at the results & blood count, etc. 2morr).

Over the past two day's my mother, husband , & myself ( I did the research too) have came to the conclusion that the ER., Walk-In Clinic, Derma, and GYN have all missed my suspisions that I am having an ALLERGIC REACTION to my new Bi-Polar medication Saphris!!! Double Wow b/c this isn't NO JOKE! What a bunch of cool cat's! 

HOWEVER, my FAM. Dr. will be back this Monday (6/9) after being gone for a month on vacation! Thanks be to God too b/c this man is awesome at EVERYTHING! He has been my Dr. since I was at least 5 years old & know's me like I am one of his kid's (b/c I suppose in a way I am, lol)! He is really great w/ skin issue's and all that other "good" stuff too. So, I am hoping by 2morr afternoon I will be on my way to being 100% straight & on my way to healing AND THEN GET TO USE MY NEW GOODIES (hehe, like my new BareMinerals Bareskin Serum/Foundation & First Aid Beauty Anti Redness Serum)!

Thanks for the advice & Keep your fingers Crossed for me!

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I had a 'freak out moment' last night. I went in to the emergency department/urgent care!

I had new spots appear on my lids, under eye area, & one scary one that connected to my lower eye lid margin.

NO WAY your doc missed a drug as an allergic reaction! OMG!

Saphris known for it's allergic reactions. Who knows, maybe they missed it because of the timing of the reaction.

IRISHQUEEN

I have seen a derma twice (well, I got to see the Nurse Practitioner apparently MY DERMA IS TOO BUSY FOR ME! blah, blah) !  The 1st time they (she) tried to say I had Rosacea. However, I did some research and I don't have any redness anywhere except my cheek's (& 1 place up by my temple that look's like a rash/ hive type deal that comes & go's [ think it came back a/b 4 day's after I stopped the oral steroids] ). It doesn't get any worse ( more flush/ red ) when I take hot showers, eat spicy food, or any of that either ( minus when I get p'off BUT my whole face & neck will light up, but that's just a/b everyone right ! ).  The 2nd time I went (b/c I didn't want to use the 2 sample creams they gave me, & I had new places pop up on my neck & right temple w/ weird rash/ hive like places ) she didn't say anything a/b the Rosacea, & when I said I didn't believe that was what it was she shook her head as in agreement.

THEY GAVE ME 3 CREAMS : 1. FOR FACE, FLUTICASONE PROP .05% - and it say's don't use on face (WTH, right? I literally just now started using it....like 5 hr.'s ago! dbl WOW!) 

2. FOR BODY (ALTERNATE OUT W/ #3 EVERY OTHER DAY), AMMONIUM LACTATE 12% CREAM - haven't used it yet even though I know it's good for cell turnover (never used it by itself & don't want more problems, so IDK).

3. FOR BODY (ALTERNATE OUT W/ #2 EVERY OTHER DAY),  TRIAMCINOLONE 0.1% CREAM -  also haven't used this b/c I don't have many if any (rash/ hive) below my neck anymore b/c my chest cleared up w/ the oral steroids & ID want to make anything worse by just applying it anyway!)

SO ANY ADVICE AND INFO ON THE ABOVE MEDICATION & ISSUE'S?! It would be SO greatly appreciated & needed ! 

*AND MY MAIN QUESTION IS (WHEN LOOKING BACK & THINKING HARD ON IT) DO Y'ALL THINK THE JOSIE MARAN ARGON OIL CLEANSER & THE SPF OIL COULD HAVE TRIGGERED THE RASH/ HIVE THING'E ? I CAN USE THE REG. OIL ON MY FACE ( I don't use it often (on face) but sometimes I do, I do use it in my hair and what is left over I rub onto my hands & nails real good w/ no prob's) BUT THE OTHER'S ARE DIFFERENT W/ SPF INGREDIENTS & WHATEVER DIFF. IS IN THE FACE WASH.

I USE HER LIP STAIN & JUST BOUGHT HER NEW WATERCOLOR SHADOW BUT HAVEN'T USED IT YET. HOPE IT'S SAFE!

I'M WAITING ON AN ANTI-REDNESS SERUM FROM JUST FAB BEAUTY TO ARRIVE. WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK? I HAVE HIGH HOPES BUT GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT! LOL

ANY & ALL ADVICE  IS GREATLY APPRECIATED & I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE FOR THE REN'S EVERCALM (almost bought it when I got the serum) & THE ICE BRAND (sorry, can't think) THAT I TOO ALMOST BOUGHT WHILE ULTA WAS HAVING A SALE THIS PAST WEEKEND BUT DECIDED TO WAIT & SEE AFTER I WROTE THIS & TRIED THE ANTI-REDNESS SERUM (either way I am gonna need a new moisturizer soon when I run out of Clinique's DDL+....think it's time for a change) !   

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Irishqueen!

I recommend trying Ren's Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream. It is formulated for sensitive skin and will help calm redness in your skin. It will also help to hydrate your skin. :smileyhappy:  

You may also want to try Ren's Essentials Skincare Kit. This has mini sizes of the Global Protection Day Cream as well as some other products that will work well for your skin type. :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
TrysBeautyItems

Email REN directly, they will mail out samples, so will Mario Badescu (not at Sephora). I have very sensitive skin and MB hasn't made issues worse.

Have you seen a dermatologist lately? They can help with product selection too, since of the internal changes occurring.

IRISHQUEEN

Hi TrysBeautyItems !

I actually have. When this happened (like to where I was flippin out ) I went to the ER at 3AM (like a freak, hehe) and that was like blah, blah, then later that day I went to a walk- in Clinic (b/c it was Sunday, my Dr. has been out of town for a WHOLE MONTH, & I was not happy) and got a 5 day supply of oral steroids & some oral anti itch med's, and then the next day I went to my Derma ( couldn't see him/ too busy ) and saw the RN. She is real nice and all & I got those 3 creams (  took some boxes & info thing-e's of new prod's I have, some used, some used once, some not used yet & she dug them all ).

BUT, my family Dr. that I have been using since I was 5 will be back this Monday (6/9) & I have an appt. / walk -in w/ him in the morning thank God! He's SOOO good w/ skin issue's (he was the one who caught my Celexa allergy & my allergy to Allegra-D), female issue's, whatever issue's! This man rock's & good thing too b/c my mother. husband, and myself all agree that I am having an allergic reaction to my new medication Saphris! I did a bunch of reading & went to the Saphris main website (& read other ppl's side-effects & allergic reaction's too) and I am 99% sure that is what is going on here!

I mean I'm sure that menopause & all that makes it more intense (gonna have MY Dr. look at the blood/ thyroid results from the walk-in & go from their) but the medication can cause more hair to come out than normal too (I'm  just SO wigged OUT a/b how my head will just start burning & feel raw out of nowhere & It has happened like 3+  times)!  It's kinda bothering me/ feeling kinda weird right now & that's not including my face & neck (chest, stomach,etc. is 99.9% better).

So, what do you think a/b me just buying the Ren Essentials Skincare Kit (Has the Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream)  that's sold here? Is the face water or cleansing water the same thing as a toner?  The Cleansing Water & Eye Gel have : Rosa Damascena Flower Water & the Serum has : Rosa Canina Fruit Oil            AND

It also say's that  Rose Otto Oil from Rosa Damascena Petals    :Calms and soothes.

And  Vitamin P from Damask Rose Water  : Provides anti-redness properties.

BUT, I was told by a beauty adviser that Rose ( b/c I was asking about the Fresh Value Set That I Really Wanted )  would make redness &  sensitivity WORSE!  

SO, can you or anyone tell me what the difference is just so I will know for myself?!  

Gaaah, I miss when things weren't so difficult when it comes to skin, hair, and just whatever! lol  

Thanks!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

Haha! "...I actually have. When this happened (like to where I was flippin out ) I went to the ER at 3AM..."

I did that last night, not at 3AM, yet I went in because skin issues make me panic!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ghkim
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • beauty4ashes
    • IRISHQUEEN
    • RandeeBT