Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

I have dry skin so when i use full coverage foundation it starts looking flaky as the day goes by. Any foundation recommendations?

Re: I have dry skin so when i use full coverage foundation it starts looking flaky as the day goes by. Any foundation recommendations?

I second the Dr. dennis gross suggestion.. This has been SUCH a struggle to find something that works for removing the excess skin on your face. This is something I recently learned from tons of trial and error, and finally went to a dermatologist to see what I could do to help this EXTREMELY annoying problem.

I went from a manual exfoliator (the ones with micro beads) to a chemical exfoliator. The manual exfoliators can be too harsh for those of us with dry skin, or not harsh enough to completely remove all that skin build up on our faces. Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta daily peel pads have completely changed my skin and I'm talking days... Like night and day difference with in 4 days.. No matter how many products you buy like face oils, serums, moisturizers.. they aren't going to do anything unless all that extra skin has been properly removed.. This is the only thing thus far that has completely gotten rid of flakes for me.. And trust me.. its been a rough (no pun intended) ride! I hope this helps 🙂

Re: I have dry skin so when i use full coverage foundation it starts looking flaky as the day goes by. Any foundation recommendations?

try mixing a facial oil with your foundation or mixing a few drops of high coverage concealer to your moisturizer instead of using foundation. I have dry skin and this works wonders.

If you haven't already, I would find a really good moisturizer (maybe one that most people would use in the night time so it really really hydrates?). I know Makeup Forever also has primers meant for dry skin. Also the Wander Beauty Flash Focus Hydrating Foundation is very very hydrating and buildable med - full coverage. That might work for you!

Using an acid toner in your skincare regimen will help along with a good face oil, moisturizer, and primer. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are not too expensive and do a great job to tame dry skin flakes. I also second the drop of face oil in the foundation trick. 

I have this same problem! I have never had dry skin until recently (thanks new medication).

Here's my routine: 

• AM:
    • Wash face Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleanser
    • Serum (I use Biossance coming to Sephora soon)
    • Moisturizer La roche posay Toleriane Ultra
    • Hydrating primer before makeup (testing a new one right now by Hourglass)
  • PM:
    • Remove makeup
    • Wash face with same cleanser but with my Clarisonic to exfoliate 
    • Hydrating mask LOVE The True Tincture Mask (Chamomile)  by belief

Looking forward to hearing what other people use

Try a good exfoliator like Dr. Dennis Gross, or maybe try shaving to exfoliate the dry skin?

hi @Anonymous

two little tricks that might help

1. use face mist/spray part way during the day to 're-dew' your face and press down any dryness

2. add a drop of facial oil to your foundation before applying it, it'll make it dewy and won't dry off so fast.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing