Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Help me! KP (Keratosis Pilaris) on face

I have pretty severe keratosis pilaris on my arms, legs, and cheeks. Although i do not struggle with rosacea or acne, my cheeks are constantly red and bumpy! I've been using Amlactin which has helped a lot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for dry, sensitive, KP skin. (I.e, serums, moisturizers, cleansers, exfoliators). My current skincare routine is primarily drugstore and i'm trying to change that. (Coconut oil to remove makeup, purity facial cleanser, St.Ives grapefruit exfoliator, any natural spray toner I have on hand, Pond's Dry Skin Cream, and Amlactin)

Xx,

Stella

Re: Help me! KP (Keratosis Pilaris) on face

Check out Paula Begoun's "Beauty Bible" book for some tips.  I think she said sometimes BHA might help...

Hello! Girl I feel your struggle. I've had KP since I was a child and it gets so much worse during winter. I recently purchased First aide Beauty intense hydration cream and I'm not kidding I noticed within a day the difference it made on my legs. It is a little heavy feeling on your face during the day and hard (for me at least) to apply makeup over top of it, but I really recommend at least for your body. I use Peter Thomas Roth rose stem call bio repair cream in the morning as someone recommended this for me.. And it works WONDERS. As for cleansers I've been using Boscia tsubaki cleansing oil and it makes your skin feel super soft, and easily removes makeup.

But this last part is something I've learned recently and has been what I think completely changed the game for my dry sensitive skin.. and that's going from a manual exfoliator (the ones with micro beads) to a chemical exfoliator.. The manual exfoliators feel nice, but sometimes for people like us, they can be too harsh or not harsh enough.. which makes it super hard for your other products to get in there and do what they are supposed to do since we have so much build up of excess skin on our faces. It is a pretty penny to spend.. But like I said this changed the game for me. They are the Dr. Dennis gross alpha beta daily peel pads.. It was like night and day the difference it made. You can get a sample and try them out! They feel a little weird at first but I swear by these.

Hope this helps 🙂

Retin A (Tretinoin) and retinol work very well. It turns over the cells. It's the best I know of. My daughter has KP.

I would check out Dermadoctor KP Duty products.  The body scrub is fantastic and so are their face peels.  http://www.sephora.com/kp-duty-body-scrub-P147925?skuId=934539&icid2=products%20grid:p147925

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing