bellag2107

Help! Need serum recommendations for my dry skin

(0) Hearts

Hello beauties!

I'm interested in purchasing a serum to use in the morning under my NARS tinted moisturizer and at night after cleansing. My skin type is super dry (but not dehydrated bc I drink loads of water), somewhat sensitive and somewhat acne-prone. I find that the NARS TM in the morning is just not moisturizing enough and my skin's dryness really accentuates the lines on my forehead as a result. Ideally, I am looking for something that is paraben-free, has anti-aging benefits, is hydrating, and will help with fine lines.

Thanks in advance,

Gina  

Manda

Re: Help! Need serum recommendations for my dry skin

(0) Hearts

NUDE makes a pretty awesome oil serum.  A bit on the expensive side but it works well.

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

Are you taking any medications that could be drying out your skin?  I know my doctor said that my allergy meds can make one's skin feel extremely dry. 

whencespence

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Your skin might be dehydrated despite drinking your weight in water everyday. There's a painless and simple test that can be done at your local pharmacy (in Canada I had it done at Shoppers Drug Mart) to see the pH of your skin which will tell if your skin is dehydrated or not.

Mine is, and as a result, none of my moisturizers, which are for very dry skin, would have any effect. So, the thing that helped me skin was an oil by Clarins. I totally trust French pharmacies, but I especially love Clarins Blue Orchid Face Oil:

The next day, I woke up with no flaky bits around my nose. Incredible.

jellybean917

Caudalie makes awesome serums. For super dry skin, I'd recommend the Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum http://www.sephora.com/vinosource-s-o-s-thirst-quenching-serum-P374211?skuId=1424241

soserum.jpgThere's also a promo code for this one: SOSERUM. It should work, I just used it.:smileyhappy: Gives you 0.33 oz.

Good luck! <3

bellag2107

(0) Hearts

Fantastic, thanks so much! I won't have a problem finding something to order from Sephora. 

krunce

(0) Hearts

Caudalie's Vinosource has been amazing for my skin also. I have combination skin that tends on the dry side in certain climates, and it's also acne-prone. I had to go without my serum for about a week in June and started breaking out before I got my hands on some of this again. I think it's made a huge difference in my skin's moisture balance :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • Manda
    • ragdoll4mom
    • bellag2107
    • krunce
    • jellybean917
    • whencespence