bad823

Fave hand cream?

Help! My hands & cuticles are so dry & rough they're cheese graters :smileysad:

Any recs?

Thanks in advance!

mychoi

Re: Fave hand cream?

(0) Hearts

I personally dislike the greasy feeling of hand creams. it makes me leave steaks all over my phone and ipad screen, which I use constantly. However, Josie marans Argan oil gives me that extra bit of moisture without leaving grease streaks all over.  I don't normally have dry hands, so I only do it on occasion. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Korres body butter in guava and weleda skin food :smileyvery-happy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I love Soap & Glory's Hand Food!

upload_6102001325374546867.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
katie1724

[ Edited ]

I don't remember to use hand cream often enough (I should!) but I love the Shea Butter hand cream from l'Occitane, particularly in the lavender scent! :smileyhappy:

Sheli18

(0) Hearts

My fave is the Aveda Hand Relief -- thick and hydrating, but not greasy/tacky at all

gingerblack

Hemp hand protectant from the body shop! You need to try it :smileyhappy: You should go during the 3/30$ Black Friday sale

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Where I live is so dry that my hands bleed all the time during winter 

I use a thick night cream at night 

it works alot better than any hand creams I tried - Loccitane, Vaseline, Crabtree, etc. 

because most night creams are expensive, I go to whole foods and buy Avalon organics night cream

lylysa

Dannyc brings up a good point in keeping lotion/creams by all sinks. I like to even apply lotion when skin is wet, allowing the formula to add in the moisture from water droplets back into skin rather than drying hands entirely then applying lotion.

For my cuticles, I use simple oils like sweet almond, vitamin E, safflower, or apricot oil. They smell nice and penetrate rather quickly. Kate Somerville's Dilo Oil has been one of my go-to, multi-use oils this Winter so far. I use it in my hair, on my body, my face, and my hands (I use it as is or add a drop or two into my hand cream to amp it up).

cheerfuldancer

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Philosophy Body Butters work well as hand creams. I have tubes of Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Baby Grace ,which I use at least once a day, sometimes many  more.

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

Clarins! Love this stuff! 

Sometimes I'll also keep FAB Ultra Repair cream (the smaller one in a tube) in my purse so I can dab some on my face if I need it. But Clarins works better 

I have a lot of small tubes of Loccitane & a few others, but I always reach for the Clarins. 

& I keep bottles of Molton Brown's hand cream at the kitchen sink & powder room. I always put lotion on my hands after I wash them, really helps keep the cuticles from drying out. 

Spyski

You totally just enabled me to try out the Clarins! I have had L'Occitane in several scents and the Jack Black one, but always on the lookout for different products that don't leave a greasy film. 

DTalksAll

Clarins = non greasy. I find Loccitane to be a tad greasy, I love the scent of the original with lilies of the valley, but it does get a bit greasy. 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream (in fragrance free). It is cheap, thick enough but not too thick, has no smell, it is my go to for the winter.

GraceLW

Caudalie is the best. I have tried soooooo many! 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

Currently Bliss and Julep's rockstar, the hand scrub is nice from Julep too.

I experiment a lot with lotions because my hands crack a lot.

christydiane

[ Edited ]

The Caudalie handcream is WOOOOOOONDERFUL!  I got a sample in my birchbox, i think, and am never going back!

There is also a Vine Body Luxury Set now that includes a full size body cream for just $13 more ($28 for a $43 value!)

http://www.sephora.com/vine-body-luxury-set-P382774?icid2=caudalie_holidaygifts_carousel_P382774_lin...

upload_3200323851844069211.jpg

christydiane

(0) Hearts

PS I also lather on plain ol' aquaphor over my handcream at night when my hands are super dry.  Wake up smooth as a baby's youknowwhat!

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

I second the Caudalie hand cream! So nice!

bmpnyc

i've been loving the Soap & Glory hand food... does the trick with a pleasant, but not overpowering scent :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I LOVE hand food!!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll