Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Farmacy

thoughts on farmacy? i have combination skin that's sometimes oily and sometimes dry and was wondering if this is a good brand to use. I need skin care products that aren't too harsh on my skin and can really make it feel and look good. would be nice if it wasn't acne prone too.

Re: Farmacy

I know your message was a million years ago - but i thought i would comment...even if you dont ready it.  I love Farmacy. I have normal skin and although its the skin most easily handled, its also the one I find is hard to find stuff for. I use the Farmacy clean removal balm to remove my makeup.  It breaks down all the makeup and is very soft - like silk. I then go in for a second cleanse with the Moringa/Papaya cleanser...its only 17$ and it doesn't dry out my skin nor make it feel too soft. I come out of that wash with my skin feeling...well...NORMAL !  I like when i do not feel dry where i need to put cream on, or its too moisturizing where i feel like i didnt get clean. This one is right down the middle...and if you are combo i think you would really like it

Its only 17$ afterall...so give it a try??

I was not terribly impressed with the one Farmacy product I tried: Rise N Shine Daily Moisture Lock . To me, it was very much "natural skincare 1.0" -- thick, heavy feeling, more like it coated my skin and just sat there. Far too heavy for a day cream and not penetrating enough to bother with using as a night cream, I chucked out the deluxe sample I had of this after 2 attempted uses & I think it contributed a bit to a low grade breakout -- if not it certainly made my face feel like it couldn't breathe. Was really pretty bad.

I tried a few natural beauty brands way back in the 90s and this felt like those. The industry have evolved and moved on. I feel like they could have done a much better job with the formulation.

Thirding the Ole Henriksen recommendation! I was getting these constant low grade breakouts until I started with the Invigorating Night treatment. The Truth Serum has really evened out my skintone & the Sheer Transformation moisturizer is light and effective and just feels really nice on. Maybe try the Love the 3 Little Wonders set:  it's a much better deal than buying these on their own.

http://www.sephora.com/love-the-3-little-wonders-p124716?skuId=1857127

I second the Ole recommendation, the invigorating night treatment is LIFE and they have a wide range of products for different skin types. Origins is also a good brand to try out, I love their Out of Trouble 10 minute mask whenever I feel like I'm a little too oily or about to break out. Oddly enough, it's good for sloughing off dry skin patches too.

I've only tried the Farmacy Honey Mask and I did NOT like it. I've got combo skin that's not particularly sensitive, but the honey mask actually burned. Super unpleasant.

I love them for masks, have tried quite a few of them but no other skincare.

You sound like you might enjoy Ole Henriksen. I'm more dry skinned but have been dealing with a surprising amount of oiliness. I had to quit my Estee Lauder products and found Bliss and Ole Henriksen are both good brands for preventing breakouts while still giving me soft skin (I prefer Ole, invigorating night treatment is EVERYTHING!)

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing