Sandy

Eye Cream for dry/eczema skin

I know i have dry skin because I do suffer from eczema but sometimes i do think that my face get a bit oily so my skin varies I guess. however I want a eye cream that be able to moisterize my eyes but also cover my eye bags. i feel like becuse I also suffer from dry eyes I rub my eyes a bit too much makin slight creases in my eyes. So yikes!...what do you recemmend for all the above!

tracygirl64

Re: Eye Cream for dry/eczema skin

(0) Hearts

I have eczema and Tarte's Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment works so well for me! Also, argan oil has really helped my eczema, I actually use it for my face moisturizer. I don't need to use dr. prescribed steroid creams anymore. I pat 4-5 drops of it all over my face and neck, and under my eyes. Then, I use Tarte's eye treatment as my final step. If I have some more stubborn dry patches (I typically get it around my chin, nose, mouth area) I also use Josie Maran's Argan Infinity Creamy Oil. But, I highly recommend for you to try Tarte's eye treatment! :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-c-brighter-eye-treatment-P377545

Sandy

(0) Hearts

Thank you guys for the recent post. I forgot to mention I tried orgins eye cream but I feel like it still not moisturizing enough.

Recently I haf developed small wrinkles under my eyes and it Closer to nose area. I do not know if it due to the fact that is not moisturized enough. But I still need to find one prevent wrinkles and good moisturizing eye cream.  Still in search for one.  Please if you have more suggestions thats be great. Xoxo

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I've suffered with eczema on my face and neck since I was a kid. This winter has been horrible!  The skin around my eyes has really been dry, red and irritated....I use a variety or gentle creams, because I try to avoid creams from my derm....bobbi brown has a nice thick repair eye cream, la mer has a hydrating eye serum, as does Estee Lauder.....Good luck!

tinner

(0) Hearts

Hi Sandy, I've had eczema at the contours of my eyes since I was a kid and I've tried a tonne of products that say they're for sensitive skin, but I still find them irritating.  The only product I've ever used that has helped is avene eye contour cream.  Hope this helps you.   

lola4752

Sandy,

Thanks so much for posting this subject, I have eczema and allergies and am always rubbing my itchy eyes.I can control the eczema on my body with the presciption medication from my dermatologist but it cannot go near my eyes. I always have crusty, flaky, dry skin on my eyelids and it is such an annoyance because I love to wear eye makeup. I am soo going to try the Origins cream and keep my fingers crossed. I always end up putting Aquafor on my eyelids at night but its so thick and gets everywhere else. Thanks again!

Spoiler

dianabt

Hi Sandy, 

I agree with Jill, the Origins Eye Doctor is super hydrating and gentle for the eye area and for people with sensitive skin. I also recommend the Anthony Logistics Eye Cream which I recently purchased as it is VERY basic, hydrating and soothing for my sensitive eye area. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Sandy

i did go to the determologist previously because but they jus recommend the body skin care called cetephil although it very good for the body and stuff. I still need an eye cream. I hear it makes a big diff from what i hear from people. they said i'm tooyoung to start with eye cream but honestly i feel ike if yu start early to prevent stuff like wrinkles/eyebags the better. I might go ahead and try the orgin. it seems like the Anthoony Logistics is for men? is there a difference ?

dianabt

Sandy wrote:

i did go to the determologist previously because but they jus recommend the body skin care called cetephil although it very good for the body and stuff. I still need an eye cream. I hear it makes a big diff from what i hear from people. they said i'm tooyoung to start with eye cream but honestly i feel ike if yu start early to prevent stuff like wrinkles/eyebags the better. I might go ahead and try the orgin. it seems like the Anthoony Logistics is for men? is there a difference ?

Hi Sandy!

The Anthony Logistics line is typically for men but because it is so gentle and doesn't contain any fragrances or perfumes to it a lot of women with allergies or who just plain dont like fragrance, love the line! :smileyhappy: Its definitely worth a shot to at least try it out first!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Sandy

(0) Hearts

I went into sephora today and tried looking for Anthony Logistics Eye Cream and it seems as if the packing had changed so I wasnt sure if it was that one or if they do not make it anymore. so i gotten the Orgin's Eye Cream...I'll test it out...and if it's works it be great :smileyhappy: 

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey Sandy - They're crazy. And they will be crazy, angry, wrinkley and jealous of your gorgeous eyes someday!!! That sounds so rude and harsh, if you knew my sense of humor you'd know that I don't mean that witchy, mean, vilely or hatefully -(though it is true) You can never start skincare too young. I started using eye creams etc in my late teens and am thankful I did. I will say that for a few years, more recently, I was really ill and didn't keep up with it the way I had religiously in the past, and I could see a difference in just a few years. So Hooray for you.

I do think that since you've seen the dermatologist and they know about your skin issues it is worth calling them and getting their advice on a particular product for your eye area or if there are any ingredients you should use or avoid. I know I said that before but I think it can't hurt to make a phone call. I do think you got some great suggestions from the mods here, and from ProJill, but maybe it's worth the call, that's up to you, hate to pressure or push, can only say what I would do and what advice I'd give to a family member or friend.

I think you should also use neck cream and some sunscreen. I had an aunt who developed cancer on her lip and my grandmother developed it on her nose. If you can avoid it, you definitely should. That's not to say I always practice what I'm preaching, If there's some fella I know I'll be seeing I'm definitely wearing the lipstick that I know he LOVES on me over the one with SPF, cause well, I don't really think I have to explain that!

I don't think you need to spend tons of money on neck, eye, and face creams with big, fancy labels and impressive, state-of- the-art ingredients. At this age you don't need all of those things. Just good basics, even from brands like Aveeno or something similar. Granted, if you got a sample of an eye product and absolutely loved it and had to have it and can afford it, then maybe a splurge is okay, maybe you'll just have to cut back elsewhere. Also, sometimes buying 'value sets' can be helpful. Sephora has a lot, QVC has TSV's that are great and then you get several products for less than you'd pay for 2 normally. Let me know if you want more specifics.

You might want to try something like Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) which is good for your skin and not like a heavy makeup (I hate seeing anyone with tons of makeup, especially someone young.) There is no line of demarcation, so you can't see where the makeup ends and your skin begins as you work your way to/past jaw line. I just saw a Value Set for BE here on Sephora, I think it was a 5 pc starter kit for something like $20.00, great way to try it out. BE also has SPF in their powder and mineral veil, but I'm not sure if ALL of them have SPF or if you still have a choice, with/without - so you'll want to double check that. That way you're doing double duty and you don't have to deal with a liquid sunscreen, there are so many options and 100x as many opinions about what works/doesn't work.

As far as Anthony Logistics vs Origins goes, I'm not really certain, I would go Origins simply because I'm more familiar with their brand. One other thing, SPF around the eye area are also really important,  although it can be so hard finding one you like, especially for the eyelid, don't know if there's anything with SPF for eyelids. However, if you use something like BE, with SPF already in it, after you use you eye cream you sweep that right over your eyecream, under the eye, and right over your eyelids.

Please forgive me if this is too rambling, there were so many things I wanted to touch on, not sure if I hit on everything, but I tried. Let me know if you want any more input from me or not. You are SO wise to start with your skincare now, esp. eye-lip-neck-spf. You'll be so glad you did down the road. For anyone that gives you a hard time, just ignore them, you don't even really have to tell them much if you don't want to. One biggie though is that in other countries people treat skincare very differently. In France girls are started probably even pre-teen! Something I wish was done more here, with age-appropriate skin care (i.e. you don't need an $80.00 eye cream at this point, and maybe you never will since you're starting so young)

Oh, there are 2 other companies that I know of that offer a 'powder' form of spf in a pre-loaded tube with an attached brush, just saw one here within the past few days,, think it's Peter Thomas Roth. I also think Dr Denese makes one. Maybe the mods can give you more info on those. I've been meaning to try the PTR one. Best of luck to you, kudos for addressing these issuesnow. I hope you'll come back and let us know how you make out  with all of this.:smileyhappy:

PHEW!

kssweetheart

Hi Sandy - I am addicted to eye creams and think they are so incredibly important, especially if you can find one with SPF for daytime, super important.

I personally think you should contact your doctor. They may have exact recommendations or might just tell you what ingredients would be good for you or might be bad for you and worsen your skin condition. I know the Dr visit can be $$, but think of how much you might be willing to spend on eye products, especially if they turn out to be not so good 4U.:smileysad:  If you have a relationship with a doctor already sometimes you can talk to one of the people in the office and get a list of do's and dont's. It may be a pain, but I think it could be super-beneficial. I hope you'll come back and let us know how you make out. Best of Luck to you. :smileyhappy:

ps - I noticed that you're a newbie - you have 2 hearts so far and I'll be lucky enough to give you heart #3.

3 is also my lucky number, maybe that means this is good, lucky advice. Sounds silly...but who knows?!

Welcome & Good Luck :smileyhappy:

projill

You should try Origins Eye Doctor Care Eye Cream- it is super hydrating and should be gentle enough for your eczema.

It will also help with puffiness and fine lines.

xoxo

Jill

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • kssweetheart