beccaaawtf

Dry skin inquiry

I am 21 years old and have had really dry skin (I live in Syracuse, NY where is it is always winter, so that doesn't help). I currently use Philosophy Take a Deep Breathe moisturizer and Philosophy Purity face cleanser. Should I be trying other brands that work better for dry skin? Right now I wash my face in the morning in the shower and immediately put the moisturizer on after. Should I be doing this at night too? HELP.
helpful

Re: Dry skin inquiry

You definitely could benefit from a different wash/moisturizer. As far as the wash, I recommend looking at Korres Milk Proteins Cleanser or Fresh Soy Cleanser. Some good moisturizer options would be Clinique Moisture Surge or Philosophy Hope in a Jar formulated for dry skin. You may also benefit from adding an oil to your routine, such as Josie Maran's Argan Oil or Tarte Maracuja Oil. With dry skin it is not always necessary to wash twice per day but you should definitely moisturize in the morning and at night. Try to keep your showers short and not too hot. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Take a Deep Breathe is for oily/combo skin (which is what I have, even then I only use it in the summer and heavier stuff in the winter), and Purity is good for normal skin but not dry skin. You should DEFINITELY moisturize morning (+SPF) and night. 

If you want to stick with Philosophy, try Hope in a Jar. If you want to try other brands, try a cream (not gel, lotion or gel cream) from Origins, Korres or First Aid Beauty.

keelybt

Hi Beccaaawtf Neither of those products are great for a dry skin type.  How does your skin feel after you cleanse and hydrate? You definitely should be doing your skincare routine day and night for the best results.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • ChicDabbler
    • helpful
    • beccaaawtf