Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry and Oil

My face is oily skin type but it becomes dry and rough after washing. What type of skin care I should use?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Dry and Oil

I think that you should try a moisturizer on your face. Pure Nilotica Melt is a amaZING product to use. It's super soothing, non-irritating, and very nourishing. 

Hi @Laudrey

It sounds like your face wash may be drying your skin out. I recommend using something gentler on your skin. You may like boscia
Detoxifying Black Cleanser or Kate Somerville
Detox Daily Cleanser. They're great for those with combination skin and are gentle on skin. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Additionally, if you're not already moisturizing after cleansing skin, I would definitely look into getting a moisturizer! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Hi, Marieke. Thanks for you advise. I think it's not about my face wash problem. When I don't use my face wash, it still dry out when I wash it with water or after take shower. For now, I am not using any moisturizer. Do you know any moisturizer that work with me? Thanks

It sounds like the cleanser you use is too harsh. After cleansing, pat dry and wait for 5 second. If your skin feels tight or dry/painful then you need a gentler cleanser. Try Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Boscia Purifying or Balancing cleanser. Also, if you wear face makeup (foundation/blush etc, not just mattifying powder) then use a gentle makeup remover like Neutrogena wipe or Simple cleansing water before cleansing will help your skin cleanse better without drying it out too much.

Even if you have oily skin, you need to make sure you are moisturizing properly. Look for a lightweight gel or gel cream such as Laneige Water (...bank?) or Neutrogena Hydro Boost. I'm a big fan of Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream or Peter Thomas Roth Cloud cream and would recommend those if you have the budget for it.

Thanks!! 🙂

@Laudrey

Give a little more information. 

What you are using now

You age

Skin condition

Acne or other skin issues

I'm 16. I am using Neutrogena acne wash and acne medicine. My face is acne and oily. Is it enough?

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing