Foxxy66

Dry Skin, but Sensitive to Heavy Moisturizers...

I have very dry skin and spend a lot of time in the sun... Unfortunately, whenever I have tried a heavy moisturizer I end up breaking out. The only thing that has not caused me to breakout thus far is the Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer by MaryKay, but I feel like it doesn't provide my skin with enough moisture. Any suggestions on a good moisturizer that will be therapeutic for extremely dry skin without causing breakouts?

Manda

Re: Dry Skin, but Sensitive to Heavy Moisturizers...

(0) Hearts

I am going to recommend something I like - it is a cream based moisturizer however, it is very light weight on the face.  Nurture Me by Ole Henriksen has been a saver for me.  I have dry combination skin type however, I have has problems with a lot of moisturizers, the gel not providing enough moisture for my skin (which is combination).  This product is made for sensitive skin which is easily irritated and I have had no problems with it making me break out - and my skin is very sensitive to everything I put on it.  It also makes my skin very soft and smooth, as well as well moisturized.

NYStephA

(0) Hearts

I had the EXACT same problem.  I will only use natural products, so I spent a LONG time trying to find one that delivered.  Finally, a makeup artist friend recommended the Berrimatrix Repair Complex from a very small and exclusive brand called Airelle. I must say, this is the BEST lightweight moisturizer I have ever used.  It's texture is very smooth and luxurious, and my skin just drinks it up.  Not only does my skin look and feel hydrated, but it has an amazing glow to it.  It's packed with almost all of the active ingredients that I look for in my skincare regimen, so I have been extremely happy with this product.  I hope this helps!

sarahbec

(0) Hearts

I used to depend on Clinique Superdefense but hated the sunscreeney smell - recently at whole foods I discovered Dr. Hausschka Rose Day Cream - apparently this is J.Lo's staple moisturizer, and it comes in a light version as well for summer!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial? It is seriously so hydrating but light on your skin. You only use it at night and you wake up with glowy skin. If you read reviews on the product, it's pretty safe for acne-prone people, like myself. It's technically an overnight mask but it looks like a moisturizer. I would suggest trying to get a sample. I hope this helps and good luck!

beautylovingirl

You should absolutely stick to the cream gel moisturizers especially if your prone to breaking out from heavy moisturizers the cream gels will give your skin the perfect balance.:smileyhappy:

dianabt

Gel creams like lylysa recommended are great! You get hydration and a bit of moisture but enough that won't startle the skin and cause breakouts. :smileyhappy:

I also like the Nars Aqua Gel Oil Free Moisturizer, it's SO lighweight and luxurious feeling on the skin. I wouldn't say that if I didn't really think it was true! 

swfupload_2830973918079115356.jpgswfupload_485379198024769127.jpg

Check out the Dr. Jart Smart Gel BB if you want a bit of color but the same gel based formula recommended from lylysa: 

swfupload_35502199875671461.jpg

And look at the Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream Gel Moisturizer which is nice for sensitive skin types since its slightly more natural in ingredients. 

swfupload_6105088361835259574.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
annonymous1

i also agree with lylysa on the philosophy take a deep breath moisturizer, 

also the brand i like is Clinique, i have sensitive skin and not many other brands really work for me and my allergies like clinique, plus this moisterizer really does work. it doesent leave your skin oily and gross after.

s789727-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/dramatically-different-moisturizing-gel-P122900?skuId=789727

lylysa

What a dilemma! :smileytongue: I know it can be tough to find a happy medium, the trick is, finding a suitable formulation and texture that is packed with beneficial ingredients that are heavy hitters.

You want the lasting and linger effects of the ingredients packed in your moisturizer to keep working rather than feel some thick or greasy cream just sitting on your skin.

Since we're moving into the warmer (who am I kidding, the HOTTER) months, try a gel or gel cream hybrid moisturizer that is oil free as to not clog pores but absorb quickly to provide instant hydration.

Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath is an oil free gel cream that contains glycerin and hyaluronic acid, which helps to bind healthy moisture in the atmosphere to skin to provide continuous hydration with a weighted feel.

swfupload_1017481485596626494.jpg

Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Gel is also oil free and another gel cream moisturizer with hyaluronic acid and plenty of strengthening botanicals to condition and nourish skin.

swfupload_9090740789339810237.jpg

With you keeping in the sun, be sure to follow up with a good sunscreen. La Roche Posay, Shiseido, Peter Thomas Roth, Supergoop, and Ole Henriksen make wonder sunscreens that can be layered over top your moisturizer and reapplied to give continuous SPF protection. PTR also makes a powdered SPF you can use over make up as to not remove or disrupt your look but still keep you protected!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • Manda
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl