Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

DRY SKIN TALK

I think it's about time we have a place for people with dry skin to talk their dry skin, share, discuss, help each other with their skincare routines, problems, goals.... Skincare. Life style changes. Anything. As much as we can. We don't have to be experts to help each other out. Maybe our experiences combined and put together can produce something helpful and beautiful for every fellow dry skin person that might seek help, word of advice, or simply a "safe haven".

Of course, you don't have to have dry skin to join us. Anyone with some wisdom willing to share is welcomed here!

upload_2505217092246032622.jpg

Re: DRY SKIN TALK

Consonant HydrExtreme is back on Costco.

Re: Dry Skin Talk

This is an amazing thread!  @lyravega  Thank you so much for starting it - can't believe I hadn't seen it before! ❤️

YAY!!!! Finally back in action!!!! 🖤🖤🖤

@Tamara76 it's never too late! 😉 And, thank you! ❤️

Now, if only this ( and many other ) thread/s would show up in the main feed again ( and finally! ), that'd be great. It would make things so much easier.

@KatieBT help? Never mind.

Ooooh @lyravega it's showing up on the main page now 🙂 Now if only my other favorite threads would return...

Yaaaaay! Thanks, @suzyo ! Off to test my other threads!

Wait, what?!!!! The thread is now showing in the main feed?!!! Am I hallucinating?!

Ooh, I see you now 👀 @lyravega!  What kind of magical powers have you possessed?

BRB, gonna try on the others. 

What sorcery is this? Magical apparitions of long lost threads! ❤️

Some of my HG are:

- Glossier Moon Mask (The best moisturizing mask I have EVER found!) You can also put it in the fridge for a few mins before applying it to help with redness or irritation.
- Weleda Skin Food - Great for dry patches, it is very thick so I never use it all over.
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream (well the whole line)
** Pai - They are one of my favourite brands of all time!! Natural, cruelty-free and organic and everything by them I have tried really works!!
- Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser - AMAZING!
- Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream - Calming and moisturizing!
- Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil - Best facial oil ever!!
www.paiskincare.us

Also, a small amount of hydrocortisone cream (The one from the drugstore usually 0.5% or 1%) is great for dry patches.

@bizbaz  I keep seeing people post about Glossier... not sure if they are available in Canada but I'll check it out. Thanks 🙂

I've been getting dry even during summer lately.

Here are some of the products that really helped me:

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair 

This was too heavy for me seven years ago but feels perfect now. All I need is 1-2 drops. One big bottle lasts me 5-6 months. 

L'oreal Hydrafresh Ultra-Hydrating Creams 

Provides me with just enough moisture for makeup. Doesn't get tacky or greasy; it sinks into my skin. 

Herbivore Lapis Oil 

Just a dab here and there on dry spots. Night treatments. This is one of the few oils I can actually use without breaking out.  

It's Skin 10 Formula - GF Effector 

Perfect for adding moisture throughout the day. Product is very watery and sinks in fast, leaving behind no residue. 

Albion Skin Conditioner Essential 

My friend in Japan gave me a bottle, claiming Albion was as good as SKII (but with a lower price point). Very soothing. Leaves your skin baby soft--and oddly enough--powder-puff soft (if that makes sense. somewhat matte?). But it doesn't feel dry at all. 

Sheet Mask 

Everyday. Just use it everyday, doesn't matter which brand. I buy them in bulk so it costs 30-50 cents a sheet. As long as the mask doesn't break you out, it's fine. If everyday's too much, try once every two or three days. This helped me way more than any skin massage/spa treatment. 

Thank you for posting all these great rec's! What are your favorite masks and where do you get them in bulk? 

Thank you so much @lyravega! I will have to run off and buy that NUDE serum now... that looks like exactly what I've been hunting for 🙂 The Consonant one looks awesome too but I can't get their website to tell me how much it is to ship to US, might have to email them for research!

Y'all are so awesome on here. It still feels kinda magical to me, having all my burning questions answered 🙂

@blueviolet21 Have you heard of/tried Noni Glow Face Oil from Kora Organics?  I received this as gratis from Sephora a few months ago and it has quickly become one of my HG products -  A little goes a long way and I love it so much that I plan to buy a bottle during the fall sale! ❤️  

@Tamara76 Yes! I like that one, too! I had a generous DS, and quite enjoyed the oil. I think I even mentioned it somewhere in this thread. @blueviolet21 definitely give it a try!

I hadn't! But I will make sure to check it out on my next trip in store. Thank you so much 🙂 @Tamara76

@blueviolet21  not sure if you ever got around to the Consonant... I'm assuming you are talking about the HydrExtreme?  It was at Costco in the US... maybe check if it's still available.  Much cheaper too 🙂

Oh good call @veronika23, will check it out 🙂

@blueviolet21  hope you like it if you end up getting it!

110 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • upload_2505217092246032622.jpg
  • upload_4627651336397585252.png
  • upload_3045113384917992822.jpg
testing