Dry Skin Talk

I think it's about time we have a place for people with dry skin to talk their dry skin, share, discuss, help each other with their skincare routines, problems, goals.... Skincare. Life style changes. Anything. As much as we can. We don't have to be experts to help each other out. Maybe our experiences combined and put together can produce something helpful and beautiful for every fellow dry skin person that might seek help, word of advice, or simply a "safe haven".

Of course, you don't have to have dry skin to join us. Anyone with some wisdom willing to share is welcomed here!

upload_2505217092246032622.jpg

Re: Dry Skin Talk

@sierrafallon Most of the time I just use whatever I use on my face under my eyes, as well ( unless it is something that needs to be avoided around eye area, of course ). I use facial oils and balms most of the time, and they do great job  as "eye creams" for me, too. I don't feel it's necessary to use an eye cream specifically. Unless one have sensitive eye area skin, allergies... Then by all means, use a specific product that is most beneficial to you.

I am in late 30s, and I have no wrinkles or fine lines anywhere on my face, around eye area included. What I do works for me.

I do use eye cream/s for under some of my foundations/tinted moisturizers/concealers/whatever that don't play well with oils, though. In that case I like ( and I hate mentioning it because it's gone ) NUDE Advanced Renewal Eye Complex and/or Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream. I don't quite like them on their own and wouldn't use them in place of my oils and balms when I just wear skincare no makeup ( which is most of the time ), but I do like them for under makeup. I usually layer or mix them with my fav nourishing face primer - MUFE Step 1 Nourishing Primer. Sometimes the primer alone is enough as a base for my concealer. I also like to use Cover FX Anti Aging Primer.

(0) Hearts

@lyravega Hahah I was just talking to a dermatologist who told me there is no need for eye cream; if it's good for the skin on your face, it should be good the skin 

I've tried the Caudalie and it was probably the best I've tried, but it's $$$ haha

i've just literally been applying Vaseline to my eyes lately, because I started applying to my lid to make them glossy for a no make up look and it make them happy so I started doing it underneath at nIght. Not sure if this is a good idea but my skin isn't reacting unpleasantly 

I think I just need to find a good vit c serum for brightening and not worry about finding the perfect eye cream 

@sierrafallon Shiseido Benefiance eye cream works great for me. It's super rich, but just the right amount of rich for my dry under eyes. It doesn't irritate me at all. I prefer this one as a night cream. But, I often use it during a day, too, especially during winter. It has a slightly "tacky" finish, but that doesn't bother me.

Another one I like is Belif Moisturizing & Firming Eye Cream. This is my day cream as it has finish that I like better for a day time use. Now, I don't even care about "firming" part of it. But, it is a great moisturizer for my under eye area. It absorbs nicely, it's nourishing, and keeps my skin hydrated through out the day.

It seems they all have oily skin in that other thread. People with dry skin rarely (if ever?) stop by... So, maybe that's why nobody responded...? I am sure glad there is a place for everything dry skin now!

I hope you'll find something that will work for you! Good luck!

Great idea for a thread! I'm one of those people who uses night cream and oils even during the day. 

(0) Hearts

Do you have any oil recommendations for day time use that sits well under foundation?

(0) Hearts

@Lynni98 I've been using REN Omega oil and VCense night cream for 10 years now. Never had a problem under makeup!

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • upload_2505217092246032622.jpg
  • upload_4627651336397585252.png
  • upload_3045113384917992822.jpg