valeriebrigitte

Dry, Sensitive Skin.. I can't find that *perfect* product!

I'm nineteen years old and I have terrible skin (in my opinion, of course). My skin is extremely dry (mainly on my hair line, forehead, nose and cheeks) and sensitive (even Clinique made me break out). I have been looking FOREVER to find a moisturizer and a face wash to get rid of my extremely dry skin, but gentle enough for the sensitivity in my skin. Can I ever find the perfect product?! I've tried almost everything, and it works well.. until I add makeup into the mix. Then I get all dry again. Maybe I'm using the wrong makeup? I use Makeup Forever HD foundation... Geez, I don't know what to do. If anyone could help, I will forever be in your debt!

areebaxo

Re: Dry, Sensitive Skin.. I can't find that *perfect* product!

(0) Hearts

You should definitely check out samples of Bliss. They really get into your pores and clean out. I have sensitive skin too and if I use the wrong products, my skin breaks out immediately or gets hives! But I recently started using Bliss's Fab Face Wash and they have products for acne prone skin too.

Manda

(0) Hearts

I always had the same problem.  My skin is superdry and even when using clinique, it dried out my skin.  If you are willing to get it outside of Sephora, Elizabeth Ardan sells a cleanser for dry and sensitive skin. It is amazing.  Extremely creamy, with oats to helps with any irritation.  This product was the one product that cleared up my acne!

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Dear Friend !

EXTREME cases call for extreme measures. Thus utilise L'OCCITANE'S SHEA BUTTER FACE CREAM made in France of the highest quality.  You will surely notice a difference.

Thanks,

ANTOINE

chewcifer

(0) Hearts

boscia was made because the maker's wife was sensitive to EVERYTHING. so, i think if the MUFE fondation is working, stick with that and maybe try boscia. they make products for every skin type and they have done extensive testing for allergic reactions. i've tried a couple of their products but my skin is oily so that wouldn't work for you:smileyhappy: but they were great and i will always recommend the line. hope that helps!

mbjunkie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
Amore pacific moisture bound vitalizing cream is made for very dry and delicate skin. Available at Neiman. Sephora doesn't carry the entire line. You mentioned using makeup so I will advice you to try asias famous double cleansing method. At night use oil based cleanser like cleansing oil, clensing milk or cleansing cream to remove greasy makeup (don't add water until ready to rinse off). Follow up with gentle foaming cleaner (like foaming gel or foam from pump as these are not harsh like the toothpaste type). Boscia cleansing gel or caudilie instant foaming cleanser This method makes sense chemically since there are two types of dirt:
oil dirt like greasy makeup and water dirt like sweat and pillow dust. Many people use too harsh foaming cleaners for greasy
makeup and that will only hurt skin in the long run. I also recommend to always use a separate SPF cream because moisturizers with SPF are 1. Tend to have lower SPF 2. Makes face shiny and sticky 3. Strong SPF odor 4. Lessens the effectiveness of
face cream ingredients. Here's some SPF products: amore pacific natural sunscreen SPF 30, ISA knox 365 spf45, iqqu beauty
advanced sunscreen spf50, clarins bright plus SPF 40, clinique derma white super city block SPF 40, Kate somervile serum sunscreen SPF55.
bethy87

(0) Hearts

I really like Philosophy's products...Purity face wash and Hope in a Jar moisturizer have more or less saved my life.  I don't know much about Makeup Forever Foundation, but the foundations I've found that are the best for my sensitive skin are Hourglass and MAC Mineralize.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Origins Plantidote or A Perfect World lines.  They're great!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Use Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil and Decleor Night Balms.

sourcream982304

I have been using Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser for dry and very dry sensitive skin. It has never made my skin flake before, and works well with other products. It is also non-comedogenic and actually helped my breakouts. for moisturizers, I have found adding some jojoba oil or Bio-Oil to a lotion for sensitive skin works well.

tenngal

A very gentle face cleanser is Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser which you can find at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12978&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4171

A great intensive moisturizer for sensitive skin is Kinerase "Cream".  It's a gentle cream for normal to dry skin that's formulated to provide intensive moisture for skin that's been photo-damaged, is post-procedure (i.e. chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc.), retinoid intolerant or is very sensitive.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P100102&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5794

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

cheerlover

(0) Hearts

I have the same promblem. Something that will reduce redness is CLEAN AND CLEAR    FOMAING FACIAL. That worked for me it could work for you. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • bethy87
    • sephoramusthave
    • sourcream982304
    • cheerlover