Daniela1387

Dry Patches showing up after Make Up is on Help!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My issue is that after I apply my makeup dry patches appear in between my eyes, around my mouth, lower cheek areas, and right where I have tried to conceal blemish scars. The make up looks horrible in those areas and I look completely cakey. I'm even afraid to smile because then the dry patches show up even more. I don't know if I need to use more moisturzer or a different one completely? Use a primer? No setting powder and do a setting mist instead? HELPPP

Here is my make up routine (I may be doing it completely wrong since I am a beginner with makeup so please feel free to correct my process and suggest other products. *I have combination skin*)

1. Argan oil all over my face and particularly in the dry patch areas I mentioned before

2. Kiehl's sodium pca oil free moisturizer again particularly in the dry patch areas I mentioned before

3. Makeup forever's 5 camouflage cream palette

4. Smashbox's camera ready BB cream

5. Mac setting powder 

melissabt

Re: Dry Patches showing up after Make Up is on Help!

[ Edited ]

Hi Daniela1387-

It sounds like you need to add an exfoliator to your skincare regiment. I recommend 2-3 times a week. NARS makes a great one called Double Refining Exfoliator which is extremely gentle on skin. The buffing beads are fine so it will glide on smoothly.

nars.jpg

I also recommend spraying your face with a hydrating toner:Murad Hydrating Toner. It will prep your face for the foundation and help eliminate any additional dry spots.

hydrating toner.jpg

<3 Melissa
Daniela1387

Thank you so much for replying. I'm wondering should I continue using everything else I've been putting on my face? And should I consider using a primer? I heard the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer helps to stave off some of flakiness.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Sure! No problem:smileyhappy: Yes, you can include these items to what you're already using. Try it out for a few days. Using a primer would work really in addition to adding more hydration. I recommend the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer + No. 28 Primer Serum Duo, its $25 and comes with - 0.16 oz No. 28 Primer Serum 0.33 oz Veil Mineral Primer.

hourglass duo.jpg

I also think that the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating will be a good option for you!

laura hydrating.jpg

*PS I also had a typo earlier, depending on your dryness I suggest exfoliating 2-3x a week:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • Daniela1387
Photos4
  • nars.jpg
  • hydrating toner.jpg
  • hourglass duo.jpg
  • laura hydrating.jpg