jec03

Does Philosophy Purity dry the skin?

(0) Hearts

I've been using Philosophy Purity liquid cleanser for awhile now and really like how well it removes makeup and cleans my skin. I do have very dry skin but never attributed it to Purity, however my sister said she had to stop using it because it was drying out her skin too much, so now I wonder if it's causing my dry skin too. I honestly can't remember if it was a big issue before Purity because I've been using it for so long. Has anyone else found that Purity caused their skin to dry out a lot? 

ChicDabbler

Re: Does Philosophy Purity dry the skin?

It is a tad drying on me, but it depends on what's your skin type. Also, another poster I was chatting with said Purity was drying on her.....until she realized it is because she did not rinse properly. Depending on the formula of the cleanser, sometimes it take extra effort/twice as long to rinse it off thoroughly.

I have combination skin, so I usually use drying/foamy cleanser in the summer, lather/gel cleanser in the winter, and oil cleanser as first part of a double cleanse or before a harsh treatment.

lylysa

Though Purity does include sulfates in it's formula, it's also balanced with nourishing ingredients as well. Sulfates are soaps/detergents that act as lathering agents to give that nice, super bubbly visual of clean, but it can also strip skin of essential oils. Purity has been hit or miss for people, it's fine for me (not my fave though), but too harsh on other skin types.

If your skin is dry and you're looking to switch, try a sulfate free cleanser like Korres' Milk Proteins Foaming Cleanser:

Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser

They also have a version to help remove make up as well:

Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion

The milk proteins will be more gentle on your skin, using lactic acid (milk proteins/enzymes) to break down dead skin at the surface and improve clarity and minimize dullness.

You can also try a creamy cleanser like First Ait Beauty's Face Cleanser:

Face Cleanser

Allatonin, aloe, and glycerin pack a moisturizing punch to condition and soothe dryness.

jec03

Thanks for the advice! The dry skin has been such an issue and I don't know why I never thought to attribute it to Purity. I think I'll try the Korres product that removes makeup as well, because it's so much easier cleansing and removing makeup at the same time!

JillMConnell

(0) Hearts

My skin generally does not love the Korres products but the Milk cleansers are actually pretty solid.  I tested Purity cleanser for a few weeks in December and it was neither here nor there for me.  

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • JillMConnell
    • jec03