FlawlessLolita

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

This lotion had been my all time favorite and when I introduced it to my two friends who had super dried skin, they refuse to use it.  They said it smelled nasty and its for old lady....almost felt like they slapped me in the face. -__- I don't know why they would judge it when they haven't even use it yet. 

IRISHQUEEN

Re: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

I love Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer + ! I think it is SOOO good & have been using it for a/b a decade! lol  (:   It works GREAT, has NO smell, it's not sticky (maybe the gell is...idk, haven't tried it), it's NOT too thick OR too thin (so you can add to it & not feel bogged down w/ gunk), and yet it SO gets the job done & then some! I love how it makes my skin GLOW! 

Right now I'm looking for a " NEW " ( well maybe extra, MAYBE NEW ) eye cream. I have been using Clinique's Even Better Eye's & R.L. Focus Eye Cream for a LONG time too.

However, I take a certain medication & have had a Hysto so my body chemistry is changing (changed, idk).

Here lately under my eye's is very dry. SO dry I can't wear either one of my concealers: Tarte, somewhat new, but bought something diff. thinking it was the concealer. Nars Radiant Creamy Conc.: brand new & it still kind of "balls" up w/ dry skin I don't see until I try to apply the concealer!

I need some recommendations something seriouse on this eye cream tip! I have been trying to get some advice from someone other than the B.A's (just b/c) but I am getting NOWHERE!

I would appreciate some help ladies ! Especially before the 15% IS GONE!

THANKS BEFORE HAND & UR MOISTURIZER ROCKS!

*MAN I HOPE SOMEONE SEE'S THIS & REPLY'S! LOL

JayReed

(0) Hearts

This is where you say Byyeeee Felicia!!! lol

anaa

I wouldn't give consideration to the opinion of any female who uses the term "old lady" to describe anything.  Wow!

MlleCC

I understand that everyone has their own preferences when it comes to skincare, but hopefully, I'm not too old-fashioned in believing that acting graciously when given help is more universal.  It sounds like all you did was make a suggestion in an attempt to help your friends, and even if they didn't care for the product, they could have turned down your suggestion politely.  Don't dwell on it and let it upset you too much!  :smileyhappy:

redwagon44

Lol, how does an unscented lotion smell nasty? Watch out for fake friends who just try to bring you down. It's hard to spot until you get away from them. A while back I was showing a good friend photos of the new apartment I was moving too (which by the way is super awesome) and the only thing she could comment on was how the gym equipment looked out of date...

FlawlessLolita

(0) Hearts

omg lol XD

DTalksAll

I think skincare is personal, that's all. 

Also I personally don't think clinique is all that's it claims to be. Silicones, alcohol, waxes for sensitive skin?

I tired a sample of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, the gel, and a few others and found most of them to be drying, but my skin tends to lean on the dry side of combo.

Here's a recent thread with mixed reviews on the gel http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Did-anyone-else/m-p/1300638/highlight/true#M2884

gogreyhound

it is annoying when people aren't open to trying something, but try not to take it personally! I love the newer gel formula! it is amazing for my oily skin--adds simple moisture, nothing else. I the it is perfect added to their BB cream to thin it out and make it more spreadable.  It isn't for old ladies! they are just missing out, that's all! :smileywink:

FlawlessLolita

(0) Hearts

True that! :smileyhappy:

karma3p80

Are you sure that these two are "friends"? I can understand politely refusing something if they didn't want to try it, but there is no need to put you down in the process. When I was younger, I used to have a couple friends who were like this with anything I suggested. Now, I realize that they were just trying to bring me down because they were unhappy with their own lives. I don't think it's about the lotion. They may be jealous of you or resentful if you have nicer skin. Either way, what they said sounds pretty immature.

FlawlessLolita

(0) Hearts

Oh wow. They've been my friend for quite a while and yes they do throw insults once in a while.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

This might sound weird, but I can totally imagine my best friend would say that to me because we insult each other ALL the time LOL But if you guys are not very close, then it is very rude!

ivyxox

I'm sorry you feel that way. Skincare is such a personal thing, one person might love it while the other person hates it. I'm sure you friends didn't mean to offend you. Personally, I really wouldn't buy a product if I know for sure I couldn't stand the scent :smileysad: As for this particular product, I tried it long time ago, I remember I didn't have a problem with the scent, but the lotion broke me out so bad that I had to stop using it (It's probably because I have combination skin) I'm glad this product works for you :smileyhappy:

FlawlessLolita

(0) Hearts

oh really it made me tanner :smileytongue:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I think I have acne-prone skin so I'm sensitive to more harsh ingredients :smileysad: But to be fair, It has been at least 6 years since I used it, so they might upgrade their formula, I don't know. But the toner is just straight alcohol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • ivyxox
    • IRISHQUEEN
    • gogreyhound
    • karma3p80