melisa16

Cleanser starting to burn

(0) Hearts

I have been using Cetaphil cleanser for over a month with no problem, however, now when I put it on my skin, it starts to burn. So I am thinking about switching to something more simpler. I was looking at the Koh De Gen cleansing water, or any suggestions you guys have!

Plantgarden

Re: Cleanser starting to burn

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My Dermatologist recommends Cera Ve or Aveeno.

I used the Cera Va Hydrating Cleanser with my Clarisonic.image.jpg

I understand Cetaphil can be very drying and harsh.

oklady2013

I used Cetaphil for many years but a few months ago I noticed my skin was feeling a bit dry & tight. They have apparently changed their formula & it now contains alcohol. Yah, I actually read the ingredient list for the first time in years. LOL. My skin no longer feels dry & tight after cleansing since I stopped using the Cetaphil., so the alcohol combined with colder weather & drier indoors &/or changing body chemistry may be creating a problem for you.

I'm currently alternating between cleansing oil and Cera Ve.

I hope you find some thing that works for you soon.

Good luck.

lulucylu

(0) Hearts

I've had roseacea for about 15 years and tried all the prescription medications, w no success. Laser txs once or twice a year have really helped. My favorite products are Murad....love their cleanser & pore tightening serum. First time I could see improvement from using a product. 

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I have had Rosacea for about 10 years now. I normally get laser treatments done every couple years and it really helps. Cetaphil is what my Dr. recommends but that is just not working anymore. I turned 40 in March and from my birthday on things have just gone down hill. Fine lines, broke out skin, put on about 10 lbs. But I am not going down with out a fight ladies.  HAHA

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

It;s possible that you might be experiencing some burning because of the cold weather, your skin is probably more dry now, depending on where you live. Between the cold outside and the heat inside it could be the reason for the burning. You might want to consider getting a humidifier to run in your bedroom at night (and you could run it during the day in whatever room you're spending time in) The humidifier is great for your skin and your sinus cavity and should keep you from waking up with a sore throat, if that's a problem for you. It's also good for wood furniture.

You may want to go back to your old cleanser for a while and see if that makes a difference. Cetaphil makes good products but it may not be for you during colder weather (if you're in a cold weather area) I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, it's pretty gentle but removes makeup nicely, if you want to try something new maybe that would work for you. Do you use a Clarisonic? If so, maybe you need to use a brush-head for sensitive skin and/or use it less frequently. Hope things get better for you. It would be interesting to know if the humidifier helps you. Best of luck.

melisa16

Thanks for the good advice. I have not used my Clarisonic for months, so that is definitely not the problem.

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

de nada :smileyhappy:

I really hope you find something that works for you. The Fresh Soy cleanser sounds like it could be very soothing, maybe that will do the trick for you. If it has any fragrance or aroma that could be an issue but hopefully it will work for you. Dealing with these issues is annoying any time of the year but the worst time is around the holidays, why now?  Good luck :smileyhappy:

PinkQ

Interesting! I used to use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and i never had a problem, but I'm not fully satisfied with it. Now, I'm alternating between the Caudalie Instant Foaming cleanser and the Fresh Soy cleanser, and I have to say, they work beautifully :smileyhappy: The Fresh one is more gentle but still cleanse very well

kssweetheart

Hi PinkQ - I have to tell you how in love I am with your avatar. That is the cutest, sweetest dog imaginable (well, except for my dog, annoying dog mother that I am)

Is he/she yours or is that just a picture you found and loved? I'm not even sure if he's real, he's just so perfect, like a little stuffed animal. If you say he's yours I'll flip. I'm so in love, what breed is he?

He/she makes me feel like little hearts are coming out of my eyes and going straight to him/her, like in a cartoon. I actually typed 'Heart-toon' instead of 'cartoon' which actually is kind of poetic. <3 <3 <3

PinkQ

(0) Hearts

Hi dear! I wish he was mine :smileyhappy: lol. He is real, and he is a Pomeranian :smileyhappy: You can search for him on Google by typing Boo (his name). He also has a Facebook fan page which has over 8.5 million followers, and I am 1 of them :smileyvery-happy:

melisa16

I guess I will have to indulge in the Fresh Soy Face cleanser, I was just weary because of the mixed reviews on Sephora and Makeupalley. 

PinkQ

I think finding a skin care product that works for your skin is like a trial and error process. That's what it is to me. Reading reviews is a very helpful way to narrow down certain products, but at the end, everybody's skin is different, so you have to try it to see if it works or not. Being a skin care addict as I am, I've tried so many products hoping to find my "perfect skin care regimen" :smileyhappy: lol. I haven't found it yet, but I think I'm getting closer :smileyhappy:

melisa16

Oh yes, I totally agree with everything you said. Like you said, I am trying to find the perfect skin care regimen and the only thing I am missing is cleanser and a serum.

PinkQ

Is there any girl who doesn't want perfect skin? :smileyhappy: By the way, I'm not sure if you have heard of SK-II brand? Since you said you need a serum, I'd suggest having a look at the SK-II Cellumination Mask-In lotion, yes, it's called a lotion, but its texture is more like a serum, and it's fantastic :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I hope that you'll find products that work well for your skin :smileyhappy:

missey1973

Okay ladies I went to my derm Wednesday and really didnt get a lot out of it. When I asked about the Cetaphil issue I was having she just told me that our body chemistries change. She says that can affect how we react to certain products. Her advice was not to use it if it bothers me. She gave me a perscription for Oracea and Mirvaso. I have never used either of these products before.

kssweetheart

I hate to say it but, your doc is right about changing skin chemistry being a possible cause when we suddenly start to have a problem with our old tried & true, beloved skincare products, as annoying as that may be. I know how you feel though, sometimes you don't feel you're getting the complete answer that you're looking for and maybe feel like they're just phoning it in. The Dermatologist is expensive and it's hard when we don't feel we've gotten our moneys worth. Do you think you'll try the products she recommended? I've heard of Oracea, is that for Rosacea?

Hope you can find something that you really love and that it doesn't cost a small fortune. :smileyhappy:

melisa16

Well thanks for the update! I have heard they have changed ingredients in Cetaphil over the year, so I do not know if that makes a difference. And I never heard of those products either.

love2shop42

Did she diagnose you with Rosacea? 

love2shop42

I had this problem and my derm told me to use CeraVe hydrating cleanser. The ceramides are suppose to help the skin repair itself and for taking off my make-up I use Bioderma  Crealine.  Hope this helps.

missey1973

I will post back on here Wednesday after I have my appointment and pass on everything the Dr. tells me.  I have stopped using the Cetaphil and my clarisonic but now it seems not matter what I try it seems to burn. I think my face needs to heal.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • dannyc
    • melisa16
    • kssweetheart
    • crayzeeRN
    • lulucylu