sephoralovex

Best facial cleanser recommendations!

I am currently looking for a new face cleanser. Just to use to wash my face morning and night. I'm currently using a drugstore one that really doesn't do anything for my face. I only stick with it since it doesn't break out my skin. But I want to try a new one preferably any on Sephora. I have VERY sensitive/acne prone skin dry-combo skin, so if there are any face cleansers you recommend please list them down below!

I am thinking of buying the Fresh Soy Cleanser that Janine (MOD) recommended since I did have a sample packet but only got to use it once. I think I liked it when I tried it. My skin felt so clean and soft.

Manda

Re: Best facial cleanser recommendations!

REN!  I have used their Ultra Moisture Cleansing milk and it is, by far, the best milky cleanser I have used.  My skin is the same as yours - very sensitive and acne prone with dry combination skin type- and I have had the most amazing success with this product. It doesn't irritate my skin, it moisturizes it, plus it is gentle.

To put it in perspective, I cannot use many products with how sensitive my skin is.  Even First Aid Beauty (which is supposed to be sensitive skin approved) irritates my skin.  As for most cleansers, they dry out my face, even if they are classified as "moisturizing" and that includes the Fresh Soy Cleanser.

Hopefully, this helps you out.

jennypenny1995

I've heard tons & tons about REN and their milk cleanser(s).  With sensitive and combo skin, you want something gentle that 1) doesn't strip and 2) doesn't have harsh scrubbing granules in it.  Stay away from sulfate-based cleansers and also ones that are listed as "foaming".  

You can see why about these ingredients on Caroline Hirons' blog. She is brilliant!

NYStephA

Best cleanser I've ever used is Airelle Exfoliating Cleanser with Glycolic and Bamboo.  My skin feels and looks AMAZING after use!  I got all of my friends hooked on this stuff because it really is a fantastic product.  Plus, it's a natural product so no harmful chemicals or preservatives like most other synthetics.  A bit pricey, but worth every penny! 

mafan

I've been using a sample of First Aid Beauty's cleanser and I really like it. And all of their products tend to be good for sensitive skin.  I have too many cleansers around and a bunch of samples to try, but this is definitely on my "would buy" list right now. It definitely leaves my face feeling soft and not dried out.  (And I swear I have a full sized Clarins cleanser around that I cannot find.  I will be going through everything later to see about that.)

fabme

Another shout out for the Shiseido Gentle Cleansing Foam!  Excellent, Gentle and leaves skin clean without drying it out.

I find the the Fresh Soy Cleanser to drying for my skin.

beautytester

(0) Hearts

I love love love Clarins gentle foaming, cuz you just need a little to get a nice foam/lather that leaves you squeaky clean but not dry. I have combination skin, but if you want something a bit moisturizing and like Fresh soy, try Boscia purifying. Any more moisturizing than that, you go into oil cleanser territory. =)

cherrybombtastic

REN's ClearCalm 3 Cleanser is pretty good for acne-prone, sensitive, and dry/combination skin. Because it is a natural brand, the results may be slower than harsher cleansers out there, but it doesn't hurt to grab a sample. I hope this helps and good luck!

dannyc

I love the ClearCalm, It's easy to use & feels more like a treatment then a cleanser. I like to use it at night, so I need to remove my makeup first, but I don't mind. 

herbalt

Ren HydraCalm Cleansing Milk is a good one - sulfate free, too!  Very gentle and smells nice, but effective.  We've also used Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser (my daughter uses that mostly) - it leaves your skin super soft.  I usually use Nude Cleansing Facial Oil, which smells heavenly and actually doesn't leave your skin greasy at all.  Any of those three I would highly recommend - we have sensitive combo skin and have had no problems with any of them.

beautylovingirl

Another cleanser you could look at would be the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Face Cleanser it won the best natural cleanser at the Natural Health Beauty Awards so it should be gentle enough for you or the Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser would also be a good choice. :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

I love the fresh soy!! ive been using it over a year, its really gently. i would check out the smaller size first

Spyski

I would go with the Fresh Soy! I've heard really great things about it. You just reminded me to try it out for myself since I have a sample packet somewhere laying around. I'm currently using Clinique's oily version cleanser, but I think it's too harsh and leaves the skin quite dry afterwards which can produce even more oil. I purchased the Murad Time Release recently to help with my breakouts, so hope that works. 

sephoralovex

Yes you should try your sample! And let me know if you like it. 

Spyski

Just tried out the sample and I have mixed feelings. I'm not a big fan of it's cucumber scent, nor do I like that it has a jelly feeling texture. However, I found it brightened my face more so afterwards unlike the Clinique and wasn't as drying. I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size mainly because of the scent. I like unscented cleansers personally.

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

I agree on how it brightens the face. I felt it did that to my skin too. I'm ok with the scent. I think I'll purchase the mini size before committing to the full size. 

roxystar4

i am really liking my Shiseido Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam.  My skin feels clean & soft. Ive been using this in the AM. 

s986737-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SHISEIDO%20The%20Skincare%20Extra%20Gentle%...

sephoralovex

Hm now I'm quite interested in this. Do you use a different face was at night time? My mom is a huge Shiseido makeup/skincare user, I'll have to ask her if she's ever tried this!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@sephoralovex   I use Proactiv at night for my acne about 5-6 times a week. In the AM I use Shiseido and have been loving it!

On the other nights I do a mask/peel and/or use Boscia oil-free nightly hydration or a sample of something (night cream) without any SPF in it. 

brennab

Philosophy - Purity Made Simple is my absolute FAV!

http://www.sephora.com/purity-made-simple-P7109?skuId=407304

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

I've used the Purity Made Simple years ago! So I totally forgot how I liked it. But I do remember it didn't break me out.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • cherrybombtastic
    • sephoralovex
    • Manda
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995