symbolicbeauty

Best eyecream for sensitive eyes?

(0) Hearts

My eyes are chemically damages I think. They are dry, red, irritated, and have became wrinkly due to them being so dry. My eyes are fine, it's just the underneath of my eyes. I'm only 15, so it's not aging and the doctors said it wasn't allergies either.

ChicDabbler

Re: Best eyecream for sensitive eyes?

(0) Hearts

Do you live in a dry area, if so then a humidifier might help. It might also have to do with your diet so more water might help. You can also try eye drops and basic eye cream like Clinique All About Eyes. If none of them works, then you might want to go to a derm or optem.....opt.....ok, an eye doctor. Not sure about derm, but I feel like eye problems should be covered by insurance, so there's no harm in going and ask.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since your 15 eye cream is not an option for you right now. If you have been to a dermatologist or any other doctor get a second opinion because you don't want to be putting alot of different products on your eyes when your not exactly sure what is wrong.

laridadi333

(0) Hearts

I'm using Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm and I LOVE it. I had never heard of the brand but a girl at Sephora swore by it. It is expensive $65 but I think it might last me like 8 months (maybe more) and I put it on twice a day. My mom stopped using eye creams because they burn her eyes. I put this on her cause I was soooo excited and she LOVED it too. She made me go out and get her her own. I recommend you go in to Sephora, they will give you a free sample and then if you love it... it might be easier to part with the $65. Good Luck!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I use all about eyes as well and LOVE it.  The also have a rollerball. 

symbolicbeauty

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the replies! I'll be sure to try stopping by Sephora soon!

mafan

(0) Hearts

I had terrible dry, irritated eyelids last year and Clinque's All About Eyes was a life saver. 

I don't really know about any drug store brands. I don't know your budget, but if you would spend a higher price on makeup or a new purse, put it into skincare instead,whether at the drug store or Sephora. You only have one skin, and your eyes are where you will see many aging/health issues later, so find the right thing to take care of yourself no matter what your age. 

symbolicbeauty

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the reply!!! Is this eye cream available at Sephora? And if so, how much does it cost? Would you recommend a drugstore eye cream at all?

carolang

(0) Hearts

For an eye cream at Sephora it'noon the lower end of the price spectrum at $30. Its worth noting that it comes in 2 formulas, All About Eyes and All About Eyes Rich. I've used both, the rich is a luxurious thick cream while the regular is more gel like. I've born both day and night, and under make-up. Since we're going into winter I'd recommend the rich version.

DefinItaly worth investing in skin care. This eye cream is a great place to start, I've been using it since I was 20, it's the first high end skin care product I owned. It's a lot more manageableand realistic to me than a $60 eye cream. Maybe I'll move up to one of those in my 30s or 40s.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Wow my autocorrect is terrible! I promise I can spell :smileyhappy:

Drugstore wise I've only used garnier rollerball but not sure how well it would work for sensitive eyes but mafan gave you the best suggestion at the best price point. Good luck choosing.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I would try DERMAdoctor's eye balm. It was the first eye cream I tried that made a difference for me for dark circles and dry eyes. I also used to rub my eyes a lot even when I didn't wear eye cream, so that shows how sensitive my eyes are. I don't even wear eye makeup for that reason. I hope this helps and good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • beautylovingirl
    • carolang