Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Best cleanser for sensitive eyes?

I have VERY sensitive eyes that always burn with 99% of the cleansers and makeup remover wipes out there. So far out of the ones I have tried, only the Tarte maracuja wipes are the only ones that work for me that don't burn my eyes or dry out my skin. All natural soap works as well, but it dries out my skin. I've tried things for sensitive eyes and skin, nothing works. I know that just makeup remover wipes isn't good enough, because it doesn't get rid of everything, so I would like to find a cleanser that won't sting or dry out my skin, but will clean the rest of what's left on my face. Any suggestions?

For reference it doesn't get into my eye, it's the rubbing and formula around the eye, that irritates, usually.

Things I have tried that I can remember (all did not work for me):

(May not be the exact name of the product)

first aid beauty wipes

korres milk wipes

yes to cucumber wipes

vichy cream makeup remover

Lancome cream makeup remover

Lancome eye makep remover

Sephora collection waterproof eye makeup remover

Bioderma wipes

Ponds wipes (blue packaging)

First aid beauty cleanser

Re: Best cleanser for sensitive eyes?

Hi- I have these SAME issues. I read your question and I can’t believe someone has the same issues as me. Have you found something that works?

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for lids lashes and lips does wonders. It's so gentle doesn't irritate the eyes and it works. I use it everyday and I wear eyes shadow and waterproof eyeliner. I never really have to scrub or tug at my skin to remove the makeup. I just recommended to a co-worker's daughter who has extra sensitive skin. Try to get a sample at any Sephora store and see how you like it. 

I second Clinique Take the Day Off Balm - no scrubbing required, so it won't irritate your skin. Just use a gentle wash afterward to get rid of all residue - Korres "Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser" is very gentle and doesn't dry out or irritate: 

upload_7127505827742988963.jpg

Have you tried Clinique's Take the Day Off remover? Or their liquid face soap as a cleanser? I really like both of those.

Any wipes irritate my eyes. Do you have a Trader Joes near you? I use their Nourish All In One cleanser. It is tearless and it removes makeup.

Try the Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Wipes from CVS. They really work!

I also have sensitive eyes and facial skin. One important thing I do is treat the eye area separate from the face, as my eye area is about twice as sensitive as my face.

I used to react to any eye makeup remover. Then a kind BTer encouraged me (and coached me) to switch to a tube-based mascara, which involves removing with water instead of eye makeup remover. What a difference! Now when I take off my mascara, just using water, most all of my eye makeup comes off as well. (Residual eyeliner comes off by carefully dabbing along the liner line a Q-tip that has been moistened with a touch of almond oil or jojoba oil.) For any facial makeup, I use a cleansing oil first (there are multiple kinds), avoiding my eye area completely, and then one of my gentle cleansers.

I wish that I had used tube mascaras much sooner so I could have avoided using any makeup removers around my eyes.

I have already found the only makeup remover that works for me, I'm looking for a good cleanser now. I also have the makeup eraser, which uses only the cloth and I just need to wet it. But it doesn't remove the build up of dirt, and neither do my tarte wipes. If I use an oil to remove my makeup, and that's it, it will clog my pores (I have really bad pores) so I need a cleanser to get rid of the dirt so the pores are cleaned. Then I use oil for intense moisture.

I second treating the eye area differently from the rest of the face. 

Personally I use Clinique's Take The Day Off for Lids, Lashes, and Lips on my eyes first, then either wash my face or if I'm pressed for time use a makeup wipe for the rest. 

My understanding is that most wipes are not meant to be used near the eyes anyway. 

I use Clinique TODO as well. However, I use it all over my face. Is there a problem with that? Why does it say lids, lashes, and lips?

Do you live near a Body Shop? I'd recommend checking out their Aloe line of cleansers,and their Chamomile make-up removers.My mum & sister,and I have incredibly sensitive skin,and many allergies.They've both spent yeeeearsss trying to find products that agree with their skin,and The Body Shop Aloe products are the only thing so far that hasn't caused a reaction of some sort for my poor mum!

The Chamomile line is also fantastic,very gentle but still very effective.I've been using the Sumptuous Cleansing Balm,and the Waterproof Makeup Remover for a year or so,and love them :3 They're strong enough to remove products like the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks,and tough liquid eyeliners,but don't burn/dry/itch etc! 

The Body Shop also makes samples if you ask,so you can try things out before buying to see if it'll agree if your skin.

I actually had a few friends recommend the chamomile one as well! However I've never found a liquid or cream remover that didn't sting my eye, so I am a bit worried. I'm more looking for a cleanser for after I remove makeup with a wipe. The tarte ones are the only ones I have tried that don't burn. But they leave a weird feeling on my skin, so I want a cleanser to remove the rest of whats on my face including dirt from wearing makeup all day.

I find the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil to be pretty gentle on my face yet very effective at taking everything off, including stubborn eye makeup.

Another cleanser considered to be gentle for most people is Philosophy's Purity, which I also use.

They're both not drying and they get all the makeup off my face. I know they sell mini bottles of both if you don't want to commit to a full size right away.

The boscia one is what I am currently looking at! I will definitely try the mini during my upcoming trip, and if it works I'll get the full size! The purity one, I was thinking of getting, but I knew a few people that used it and they said it was like a creamier version of soap but still slightly drying. So we shall see how I get on with the boscia one!

I use and have found very gentle Guerlain eau du beaute cleansing water

Have you tried any cleansing oils? I love using cleansing oil for my first cleanse at night. I follow it with a gentle facewash. 

I do use makeup remover for taking off my eye makeup- I imagine if they all irritate you, then you could directly start with the cleansing oil and focuse more time around your eye makeup. I use origins cleansing oil but there are a ton out there and nowadays they are offered as promos & in value sets as well.

Well the tarte wipes I use work for removing, but it doesn't get rid of everything, which is why I want to find a good cleanser. I'm pretty sure my sensitive eyes has something to do with also being allergic to some ingredients, which I have no idea what they area, I just no I start getting stuffy and teary eyed when applying makeup around the eyes. So it's a combo.

Liquid/cream makeup removers are probably the worst for me.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_7127505827742988963.jpg
testing