ColbertTiff

Balance the natural oils in face.

(0) Hearts

I live in Houston and my skin is not able to balance the oils with the humid and dry days, more so in the winter. I am acne pron. Is there a good product to help balance my skin?

ColbertTiff

Re: Balance the natural oils in face.

(0) Hearts

Clinique 3 step mild, 2 lotion and dramatically different lotion and the I have used the Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer. I have lived in Utah most of my life an this worked fine for years. When I moved to Houston my dermatologist also gave me a prescription called Ziana to use every other night and it seemed to work at first but my face is just screaming at me and I am breaking out even more than I ever did as a teen an I am in my 30's. I am welcome to any suggestions starting from scratch!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Just to confirm, it's these items you use, correct?

CLINIQUE - Mild Clarifying LotionCLINIQUE - Clarifying Lotion 2CLINIQUE - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+CLINIQUE - Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer

For starters, the Mild Clarifying Lotion is designed for dry skin, which if you don't experience dryness in Summer, you may have to change your products per the seasons. Though the formula itself is pretty simple, composed of fatty/emollient alcohols and aloe, it also contains salicylic acid, which is used for oil and sebum regulation. If your skin was never dry to start with, it's possible that using this cleanser may be affecting your skin by having it increase oil production even though it's designed to clarify oil, but for drier skin.

The Clarifying Lotion 2 also mentions being designed for dry/combination skin, though this toner does contain salicylic acid and witch hazel for oil control, drying alcohol denate can contribute to drying skin out further to cause an overproduction of oil in skin.

The Dramatically Different Moisturizer + to be honest might not be doing much for your skin, with the formula being heavy on mineral oil and petrolatum. The Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer is also geared for toward dry skin.

With conditions in Utah being drier, it's understandable to use products to aid in combating skin from dehydrating; however, are you still using the Ziana?

Are you washing twice a day or just at night and do you utilize any SPF in the day? How many break outs/blemishes are you experiencing per month on average and what type are they (red, swollen and raised blemishes, whiteheads, blackheads)? Are you experiencing an increase in oil all over or in select areas like the T-zone?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What products are you currently using for your AM and PM skin care regimen?

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ColbertTiff