shayshay17

BEST full coverage foundations for dry to very dry skin?

Lately my skin has been dry flaky and rough around my t-zone and chin area. Some background on ma skin, it is very acne prone, it has un-even texture and alot of dark spots and hypopigmentation. So if you have any suggestions for a full coverage foundations and concealers that will not only hydrate but not cling to my dry patches. Thanks

beautylovingirl

Re: BEST full coverage foundations for dry to very dry skin?

(0) Hearts

You may also want to try a sample of the Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation it is infused with maracuja oil that will definitely help with your dryness. Hope this helps!

shayshay17

THANKS for the foundation suggestions, I've been using egg and honey faces mask to moisturize my skin. I was recommended argon oil and a murad face lotion. so I might pick that up

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hello! Yes I agree the Argan oil is fantastic for dehydrated skin and is even safe to use if you have breakouts. :smileyhappy:

Try a few samples at your local store first to see how you like them! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi shayshay17,

If you have dry and flaky skin, I hate to say it but a full coverage foundation may not be the best way to go! Anything with a full coverage will just stick to dry areas and make it look more dry.  It sounds like you need more of a hydrating full coverage makeup and a better moisturizer to even out your skin and hydrate the dry patches. I have the same issue on my cheeks (with an oily t zone) and found that the right moisturizer will make all the difference.

For foundation look at cream or liquid formulas which will be more hydrating but I definitely think focusing on your moisturizer will be the best option:

Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation

Moisture Supreme Foundation

Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation

Bobbi Brown - Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25

What do you use now for moisturizers and cleansers?

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • shayshay17