cefrd13

Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil

How is this as a face moisturizer? How is it in comparison to FAB ultra repair cream? I use FAB in AM and PM and it isn't enough moisture for my face. The Murad Hydro dynamic ultimate moisture did do the trick, but the price point is just too high.

sowazupb

Re: Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil

This is what I use in the evening for my dry sensitive skin: Josie Maran Argan Oil on face, neck , chest and hands. Then, I top it off with Josie Maran Creamy Infinity Oil. I use it to seal in any skincare that I've used before it. So the creamy oil acts as a barrier and moisturizer. The FAB cream just didn't do much but it absorbed quickly if that is a concern, in comparison to creamy oil.

evno

(0) Hearts

I've been using the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream as my HG facial moisturizer for months now, so I'll clarify some things. 

It's a face moisturizer, but not like a cream. As the name says, it's really intensive. You need to experiment to find out how much is "just enough" for your face, which means enough to moisturize but short from greasing your face. It's also oil-based, so it absorbs slower than other creams and serums, so it should be applied last in your skincare routine.

It's richer and oilier in texture than the FAB ultra repair cream. Personally, the FAB cream didn't work for me when I was having irritation and dryness issues. The JM cream did. I really recommend it because the ingredients are more natural than the FAB cream, and a little goes a long way. I never have to moisturize my face more than once a day.

What's confusing is that the JM cream is really versatile. Some examples: cuticle oil, moisturizer for dry patches on body, illuminizer, creamy mixing medium for powder eyeshadows/blushes, and hair oil. 

Also, some people aren't compatible with argan oil or other natural oils, so you should get a sample of it before buying. Hope you like it!

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

Hi cefrd13,

I use it more as a spot treatment for dry areas, as it is multi purpose. Using it at night would probably be a better choice than during the day on the face, due to the amount of different oils in it. Leaves my skin oily, hence the remark about night use.

FAB did not cut it for my face, areas on the body it seems okay.

I have tried Philosophy Take a Deep Breath-Oil Free-Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer with some decent success and when the weather changes Clinique Moisture Surge Intense or Extended work well.

Perhaps consider a night mask type product like Korres Greek Yogurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial-

If you are near a Sephora store, you may wish to try samples of product. If they carry the product, you can ask them to make you up a samples to try. For online, I would look in the promo post at BT and see if there are any deluxe type samples you may want to try, although online means placing an order to get the promo and you can only do 1 at a time. Hope that makes sense.

I hope that you find a product which works for your needs.

pinktorridora

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hubby tried the Infinity Cream for some dry, red patches on his face. It worked a little, but the FAB Cream worked way better. But I'd say the Infinity Cream is worth a try bc we use it for other things including dry cuticles, hands, and lips. I even used it once on a hot spot on my dogs leg and it healed it overnight!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • pinktorridora
    • cefrd13
    • sowazupb
    • evno
    • PoesRevy