Answer
regimen for dry skin

Hi!!

I have pretty darn dry skin and I peel very easily especially on my cheeks and chin.  I have acne prone skin and use topical cream to help treat it.  I wanted to change up my regimen for summer because I swim a lot and the chlorine and salt water dry my face even more.  Right now I wash my face every morning and night with Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, then depending on my acne I put on a topical treatment, finally I finish with La Roche- Posay Anthelios 60 melt- in sunscreeen lotion.  I am just starting to really get into sckincare so I'm starting from schratch really and i need sugestions on how to use the products together.  I was thinking about investing in a Clarisonic, would that be worth while?

Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have suffered from dry, sensative skin my entire life (including tightness, dry patches and peeling), and after trying several expensive skin treatments/cleansers that failed to help, I finally found a combination of products that has dramatically improved and hydrated my skin.

Every day and night I use 2 cleansers: 

OLAY Total Effects Nourishing Cream Cleanser - this is very gentle and moisturizing.

OLAY Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub - this is a wonderful exfoliating cleanser that doesn't irritate or strip away the oils in your skin.

I follow this up with NIVEA Extended Moisture Body Creme. It's amazing how something that isn't marketed as a face product has worked so perfectly.  It is intensive without being oily or heavy, and I haven't broken out once.

I think the Clarisonic could be beneficial if used in moderation and with caution (as it may further agitate your skin).

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation