Answer
Boo143
regimen for dry skin

Hi!!

I have pretty darn dry skin and I peel very easily especially on my cheeks and chin.  I have acne prone skin and use topical cream to help treat it.  I wanted to change up my regimen for summer because I swim a lot and the chlorine and salt water dry my face even more.  Right now I wash my face every morning and night with Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, then depending on my acne I put on a topical treatment, finally I finish with La Roche- Posay Anthelios 60 melt- in sunscreeen lotion.  I am just starting to really get into sckincare so I'm starting from schratch really and i need sugestions on how to use the products together.  I was thinking about investing in a Clarisonic, would that be worth while?

Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
etherealbliss
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have suffered from dry, sensative skin my entire life (including tightness, dry patches and peeling), and after trying several expensive skin treatments/cleansers that failed to help, I finally found a combination of products that has dramatically improved and hydrated my skin.

Every day and night I use 2 cleansers: 

OLAY Total Effects Nourishing Cream Cleanser - this is very gentle and moisturizing.

OLAY Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub - this is a wonderful exfoliating cleanser that doesn't irritate or strip away the oils in your skin.

I follow this up with NIVEA Extended Moisture Body Creme. It's amazing how something that isn't marketed as a face product has worked so perfectly.  It is intensive without being oily or heavy, and I haven't broken out once.

I think the Clarisonic could be beneficial if used in moderation and with caution (as it may further agitate your skin).

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • etherealbliss
    • ran8
    • 1girliegirl
    • prosheranda
    • Boo143