Answer
nanyoung
oil free face cream
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello!

I have really dry, sensitive skin that is a bit acne prone. My dermatologist recommended that I start using an oil free moisturizer. I was using Cetaphil, which moisturized fine, but unfortunately it was clogging my pores. I also live in an area with really harsh winters. Any recommendations? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Just adding a bit more info to answer some questions - I mainly have acne on my forehead, in between the eyebrows, and chin area. My forehead doesn't get severe acne, but more like tiny flesh-colored bumps. The dermatologist said that means I have clooged pores. Otherwise I'm really (really) dry. My cheeks get irritated and red easily and my forehead and chin can get pretty dry, too. It looks like I'm starting to get wrinkles on my forehead.:smileysad:

The following is my current regimin:

morning - wash face, apply Clinique eye cream, Clinique superdefense moisturizer (for dry/combo skin), bb cream and powder

evening - wash face with Cetaphil, Clinique eye cream, and apply Celaphil moisturizing cream

I use the Clarisonic Mia about 2-3 times a week at night and every other night I apply differen gel to my t-zone area. I also use the Boscia hydration mask once a week.

I wanted to change up my night routine and wean myself off of Cetaphil. It doesn't seem to be moisturizing enough and seems to be clogging my forehead a bit, but now I'm thinking of changing my day routine, too. The weather is getting colder and my skin is starting to get uncomfortably dry. I do use Clinique's Moisture Surge on the really dry days and that seems to be helping a bit.

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

nanyoung,

You may want to try using Argan Oil as your night moisturizer- yes, it is an oil, but it is not an oil that harms your skin. You can try the small size for only $14 by Josie Maran.  It really is a miracle product and my skin has never been this hydrated.

This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne.Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe. 

Best,

Jill

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • sandoz28
    • ran8
    • projill
    • nanyoung
    • holla1999
    • nella9