Answer
girly455
best cleanser for dry, dehydrated skin prone to clogged pores and some breakouts?
(0) Hearts

I've always used Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash which has kept my skin clear and mostly free of blackheads. However, it's becoming way too dehydrating for my dry, dehydrated skin. I'm looking for a cleanser that is not only hydrating but also will keep away clogged pores and breakouts. I've tried some cleansing milks and while they've added hydrating to my skin, I still have a lot of blackheads. I've even tried them with the Clarisonic and I see no difference. I have small blackheads/clogged pores all over my forehead and a bit on my nose and cheeks, despite having no oiliness whatsoever to my skin. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
serenaballerina
Answered
(0) Hearts

Definitely try this kit by First Aid Beauty! It's perfect for people with dry skin. 

thttp://www.sephora.com/fab-faves-to-go-kit-P374504?skuId=1417831

lmevans
Answered
(0) Hearts

I swear by my Clairisonic Mia 2 and some good old fashioned Purity cleanser from Philosophy. It works wonders! It's hydrating, it really deep cleans, and your skin will feel heavenly when you're finished.

Though it's not quite as hydrating as Purity, Boscia makes a great Purifying Cleansing Gel that isn't drying. Either one of those are great options and Sephora always has sample sizes for you to try it out! :smileyhappy:

drrragon
Answered
(0) Hearts

I used to LOVE the pink grapefruit version of that Neutrogena wash!  Unfortunately I had to stop using it because it was too irritating for my sensitive skin.  I'm actually using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser now which is very gentle and my skin is no longer always red, irritated, and itchy.

I also have a problem with blackheads and dry, sensitive skin, and found that what really helps to control the blackheads is to apply a 2% salicylic acid lotion twice a day after cleansing.  At first I was trying a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion which works great for other kinds of acne, but for blackheads the salicylic acid works best.  

Neutrogena has one called Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment.  The one I'm using now is from a brand called Paula's Choice because it's fragrance free.  As with any acne treatment, since acne starts forming in the skin weeks before you ever see it, I'd give it a few weeks before deciding whether it works for you or not rather than looking for overnight results.

neutrogena.jpg

bha.png

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • serenaballerina
    • girly455
    • lmevans
Photos2
  • neutrogena.jpg